From their sunny white finishes to their New England beachside chic, Sagehill’s cottage vanities are a great place to start building the new escape.
(PRWEB) October 01, 2012
HomeThangs.com – the Home Improvement Super Store has made their goal to deliver the right product to the consumer, with that in mind, shopping and home design tips, as well as special product selections are being introduced.
The ideal bathroom remodel is always a little bit of a getaway – whether it’s a sleek, modern space for grownups to escape the kids, a decadent Victorian decor to turn back the clock, or even an Asian fusion style to take one around the globe, the goal is relaxation, to sneak one out of the daily grind and into a place where one can unwind. But sometimes those magazine centerfold bathrooms can seem almost too nice to use, too sterile or too delicate. For something that’s beautiful but a little more rugged, cottage style bath is loved by many – the simple white vanities are clean without being cold, and are more cozy than couture while still being utterly stylish.
With a wide variety of bathroom vanities available, it might be overwhelming for the consumers to find the right one. With that in mind, designers at HomeThangs presented a selection of white bathroom vanities by Sagehill Designs, perfect for cozy cottage bathroom designs, along with the tips on where to buy one.
1. Sagehill Designs has a whole collection of white bathroom vanities dedicated to creating a country cottage design. Their Cottage Retreat series is specifically designed to create exactly this feeling: just a little bit casual but all class, engineered to evoke a cozy cottage in the countryside or right on the beach. One of their most popular designs, these vanities are available in a wide variety of sizes to fit just about any bathroom. Their 48″ model is the largest and most sought after, in no small part because of its ample storage and counter space. The lightly antiqued white finish – which will show as a very pale biscuit in some lights – gives the vanity a comfortably worn feeling, which in turn helps play into the bathroom getaway. Evoking slower, calmer days past, this white vanity will help give the bathroom the appearance of a turn of the century seaside vacation home.
2. Sizes scale down from there; the collection contains vanities at 36″, 30″, and even a petite 24″ model that offers the same country charm in a much smaller package. The smallest ones are excellent for a small bathroom, offering lots of compact storage with a very small footprint. No matter the size or shape, though, throughout the collection each of the vanities has a simple bead board design inspired by the classic tongue-and-groove style paneling as well as a subtle Victorian influence on the doors, drawers, feet, knobs, and pulls. Straddling the simplicity of contemporary design with the elegance of vintage vanities, the Cottage Retreat collection is truly timeless, with an unpretentious and comfortable design that’ll not only make one feel at home, but also at ease.
3. For an even more compact vanity, Sagehill’s Seaside Vanity is also a svelte 24″ wide, but has a more open design than those in the Cottage Retreat collection, opting for an airy arched open shelf rather than closed storage cabinets and drawers. This beautiful white vanity echoes those in Sagehill’s other cottage collection with its simple slatted texture, but rather than the gently aged cream color, the seaside vanity comes in a crisp, bright white finish for a look reminiscent of specifically beach house design.
4. All of the Sagehill’s Cottage Retreat comes with a selection of optional granite or marble counter tops. The white Carrara marble is great for a bathroom with bolder accent colors, like a red, white, and blue turn-of-the-century coastal New England beach house, whereas the beige, brown, or especially the black granite make for a sharper contrast and work better with subtle pastel blues and soft yellows for a sunny seaside effect.
5. The Cottage Retreat collection also comes with matching mirrors in 30″ and 35″ versions. These are made of the same veneered oak as the vanities, and have the same bead board face framing the mirror, which is, in turn, framed by a simple but elegant crown molding. This combination of simple, casual design and sophisticated, classical accents ensures the cottage style bathroom will look decadent and luxurious without being off-putting.
For those find the industrial look of many modern bathrooms off-putting, or the opulence of a full Victorian decor a little overwhelming, a cottage style bathroom can be just the backdrop for to get a little R&R while bathing. From their sunny white finishes to their New England beachside chic, Sagehill’s cottage vanities are a great place to start building the new escape.
HomeThangs.com is not only a home improvement superstore, it also provides expert design tips and a comprehensive shopping guide, taking the ideas from professional interior designers, and offering tips to the consumers on how to pick the products to best suit their needs.