Sarah Palin knows her own mind and that kind of confidence may be what younger men find attractive
(PRWEB) March 23, 2011
Sarah Palin has been voted the world’s most desirable fantasy cougar in a new survey of younger men carried out by dating website Cougared.com
Palin was named the most wanted woman by younger men ahead of Cougar Town TV star Courteney Cox, super-fit Madonna, Sex and the City’s Kim Catrall, Hollywood legend Demi Moore and former supermodel Janice Dickenson.
The shock finding was one of several revelations in the first ever ‘Cub Report’ - a poll which is aimed at understanding the motivations and attitudes of younger men who chase “cougars”.
In another interesting finding, men on Cougared.com stated that they would prefer to make an indecent proposal to Demi Moore rather than rising Hollywood star Megan Fox or pop singer Katy Perry.
The full Cougared.com Cub Report is online at: http://www.cougared.com/report
More headline findings from the survey include:
- 41-45 is the optimum age range for cougars: the Cougar Town casting team chose well with Courteney Cox, who took on the role of cougar divorcee Jules Cobb aged 45
- One in five men asked have had an experience with a friend’s mother: Stifler’s Mom from American Pie could be an unlikely role model for lots of American women
- Most guys believe that celebrities and media have an influence: dating older women is no longer such a taboo because of media’s coverage of the cougar trend
- Maturity matters more than Beverly Hills boobs: ignore the cliches of big breasted cougars with sun-baked tans; an older woman’s confidence is what men like best
Oliver Jameson, founder of Cougared.com commented: “It was quite a surprise that Sarah Palin was voted above Demi Moore, Kim Catrall, Madonna or Courteney Cox.
“I guess power is clearly a great aphrodisiac - you only have to look at the older men over the years who have attracted beautiful young women due to their status and wealth.
“Perhaps it is the fact that, despite what people think of her, Sarah Palin knows her own mind and that kind of confidence may be what younger men find attractive.”
The survey looked at many more aspects of the cougar scene, including dating issues like: who pays for drinks and dinner; what the best venues are for cougar dates and whether a cougar crush is kept secret from friends and family.
Jameson added: “Overall the survey demonstrated that it is not a negative concept to be considered a cougar. I believe it is definitely a positive lifestyle choice.”
Notes to editors:
- For the full findings of the Cub Report: Dating Cougars in 2011 visit http://www.cougared.com/report
- The Cub Report is based on a survey of 250 men on the dating site http://www.cougared.com
- Cougared.com is a free dating website exclusively for older women and younger men, founded in 2007. At the time of writing the site has in excess of 90,000 registered members.