Credit card experts from MyRatePlan took into account several factors when creating their list of the best rewards credit cards of the year
New York, NY (PRWEB) December 13, 2012
Today, MyRatePlan.com announced its annual ranking of the top 5 shopping rewards credit cards for the 2012 holiday shopping season. Credit card experts from MyRatePlan took into account several factors when creating their list of the best rewards credit cards of the year including rewards points programs, cash back offers, customer reviews, and introductory interest rate offers. The goal of ranking these credit cards was to give shoppers insight into which cards will benefit them the most when they are making their purchases this holiday season.
Here are the best shopping rewards credit cards for the 2012 holiday season:
1. Chase Sapphire Preferred Card – The Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card tops the list of this year’s best shopping rewards credit cards. With the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, cardholders can earn 10,000 rewards points after spending $500 in the first 3 months that they own the card, and that’s on top of the 2 points per dollar spent at restaurants, and 1 point per dollar spent on any other purchases. With all the gift shopping that happens during the holidays, many people will exceed the $500 threshold necessary to earn the 10,000 bonus points in December alone In addition, the annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year.
2. The Platinum Card from American Express – The American Express Platinum card is the runner-up on this year’s list of top shopping rewards cards. AMEX offers Platinum Cardholders 25,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when they spend $2,000 or more in the first three months that they own the card. In addition, the Platinum Card offers cardholders premium travel amenities across 600 lounges globally. Platinum Card members also enjoy entertainment benefits such as Advance Tickets that allows them to purchase concert tickets before the general public.
3. Citi ThankYou Card – The Citi ThankYou card offers members 0% intro APR on balance transfers and on all purchases for the first 15 months that they own the card. The Citi ThankYou card also offers 1 ThankYou reward point for each dollar spent on purchases, as well as an anniversary bonus on points earned from purchases each year. There is no limit on the amount of points one can earn from using the Citi ThankYou card to make purchases, and there is no annual fee.
4. Discover More Card – The Discover More card offers 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for a full 14 months after being approved for the card. In addition, the Discover More card offers a 5% cash back bonus on up to $1,500 in purchases at any department store, and all online purchases through the end of December. The Discover More credit card also offers a 5% cash back bonus on rotating categories such as gas, restaurants, and department stores throughout the year.
5. Capital One Cash Rewards – The Capital One Cash Rewards card offers cardholders a $100 bonus after they spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months of owning the card. The Capital One Cash Rewards card also offers a 50% bonus on the cash back cardholders earn each year, as well as 1% cash back on all purchases, and requires no annual fee.
“The biggest shopping days of the year, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, have already passed, but many people still have a lot of holiday shopping left. By making purchases with the credit cards listed above, consumers can earn significant rewards on money they already know they will be spending,” explained Logan Abbott, President of MyRatePlan.com.
Consumers looking for a new credit card can compare credit cards by rewards, cash back offers, annual fee, credit score, card issuer, and many more factors using the credit card comparison tool offered by MyRatePlan here: http://www.myrateplan.com/creditcards/