Regardless of your business, dual monitors can help get more done in less time more accurately.
Cleveland, OH (PRWEB) October 18, 2012
Cleveland IT services provider CRU Solutions recommends dual computer monitors to help boost productivity. Both empirical research and anecdotal information verify that dual monitors can help employees be more productive. CRU Solutions technical staff have used dual monitors for years, and the company recently completed upgrading the rest of the team to dual monitors. (None of the staff will ever go back!)
Various studies have shown that dual monitors can help employees get work done faster, more accurately, and with more satisfaction. Some have shown that work gets done from 9 to 50 percent faster, depending on the task, which could save up to 2.5 hours per day.
While stats are nice, when trying to decide whether or not dual monitors are right in your workplace, consider these "real life" examples from CRU Solutions staff and clients:
- Multiple applications can be open at the same time, providing more "real estate" to complete work without toggling back and forth between multiple screens. This saves time and irritation and improves accuracy.
- Email can be open all the time, allowing a quick response when needed. (Time management experts might advise against that, but it can be helpful.)
- Documents can be compared side-by-side, which can result in fewer errors.
- A wide spreadsheet can be stretched across both screens to see all the columns.
- To use multiple applications to complete tasks on a regular basis, consider using Monitor 1 to keep Outlook, accounting software, and an Excel spreadsheet or Word doc open as needed, and Monitor 2 for any programs that use Internet access, such as online line-of-business apps, web searches, etc.
- A DVD presentation can be launched on one screen and the employee could be creating a Word doc on the other. (Like having email open, this could be good or bad.)
Regardless of your business, dual monitors may provide the technology boost you need to get more done in less time more accurately.
About CRU Solutions
Celebrating 30 years in business in 2012, IT provider CRU Solutions specializes in delivering Managed IT Services to small and medium-sized enterprises. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, CRU Solutions’ Managed IT Services include remote network monitoring and management, IT consulting, and IT support. Visit us at http://www.crusolutions.com.