Cryoserver Archive 4.5 increases the evidential weight of email, decreases the risk of corporate liability and employee litigation, and can be shown to boost productivity and confidentiality of communications among users
East Northport, NY (PRWEB) January 7, 2008
CIOs and IT managers at organizations of all sizes, from SMBs to large enterprises, are looking for scalable, manageable tools that will enable them to quickly and easily secure email archives for industry and regulatory compliance. Recognizing the importance and specific requirements of email archiving compliance, Forensic & Compliance Systems (FCS), developer of Cryoserver the world's leading forensic email archiving and compliance solution, today released Cryoserver Archive 4.5, the latest version of its flagship email archiving solution. The new version strengthens and enhances all aspects of its email archiving solution, enabling Cryoserver to meet the demands of all size customers with a cost effective solution. Additional information is available at http://www.Cryoserver.com.
"Cryoserver Archive 4.5 increases the evidential weight of email, decreases the risk of corporate liability and employee litigation, and can be shown to boost productivity and confidentiality of communications among users," said Forensic & Compliance Systems CEO Ralph Harvey. "Our new version delivers comprehensive compliant email archiving in a sealed, tamper evident unit that will have organizations up and running in minutes."
The Cryoserver email archive appliance is a comprehensive email forensic compliance system combining hardware and software and sold through a network of channel partners and resellers. It retains a full audited copy of all emails sent to, from and within an organization. Designed to preserve all data as if it were evidence to be used in court, the best analogy is that of a black box flight recorder in an aircraft.
New Features in Cryoserver Archive 4.5
The Cryoserver Archive 4.5 release builds on the company's successful 4.0 release, which included a range of technologies for advanced email archiving, email compliance and eDiscovery. Current Cryoserver customers may choose to upgrade to the new 4.5 software through the simple management GUI.
The new Cryoserver Archive 4.5 release provides:
- Comprehensive recovery framework ensuring continuous uptime and integrity of the email compliance data store. Processes continuously monitor all components of Cryoserver which restarts or reloads email in the event the service is interrupted.
- Improved eDiscovery features including new search types, enabling greater forensic searching of the email archive.
- Increased fast search functionality enabling faster searches of the email data store via the Cryoserver email appliance's updated Lucene high-performance, full-featured text search engine.
- Improved auditing and logging enabling IT managers to monitor activity around the email compliance data store and ensuring forensic compliance is not compromised. In addition, the Cryoserver Data Guardian now includes advanced messaging and alert information.
- Enhanced mirror synchronization and auto failover between primary and mirror server, including email data store and configuration synchronization. Ensuring greater uptime for SMB through to any size Enterprise.
- Full support for Microsoft Mail Products including Exchange 2007, Microsoft Outlook Web Access (including improved PST import features), and Microsoft Exchange public folders. Cryoserver Client (formerly stubbing) is now an MSI installer allowing for Enterprise integration and improving Outlook integration and archiving of OST and PST files as a standard feature.
- Automated update services reducing download time during upgrades.
- Greater ease of use with improved GUI features, documentation and ease of installation.
- Increased integration with corporate environments improving integration with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Active Directory, Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers and other network servers and services.
A key differentiator of an email forensic compliance system is that it allows no deletion within the mandatory retention period, preserving a perfect record of email activity. Organizations can even prove a negative -- for example, providing proof that an email was not received or sent. This provides a significant benefit to many organizations.
About FCS and Cryoserver
Forensic and Compliance Systems (FCS), is a privately-held company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, with offices in London, Florida and New York and Colorado. The Cryoserver product line is a scalable, forensic email compliance archive that enables organizations to automatically and securely collect, store and index all email communication -- via a convenient, tamper-evident appliance. This enables forensic analysis of an organization's entire email history that is ready for court submission if necessary. The entire range of solutions is available from a network of channel partners. For details please visit http://www.Cryoserver.com or call 720-746-0408.
Media Contact for Cryoserver:
Communication Strategy Group
# # #