This represents a significant investment in our mission. At all levels of Cultural Vistas, we are firmly committed to dedicating the resources necessary to ensure we are providing life-changing and career-building international experiences.
New York, NY (PRWEB) November 12, 2012
Driven by its commitment to increase the number and diversity of Americans with meaningful international experience, Cultural Vistas is pleased to announce today the launch of the Cultural Vistas Fellowship.
This new and funded multinational program will afford up to 12 U.S. university students the opportunity to enrich their academic learning through professional internship and immersion experiences in Argentina, Germany, and Singapore during the summer of 2013.
Funding for this initiative is provided directly from Cultural Vistas. Exemplifying its mission, continued organizational growth, and enhanced capacity since its formation through a 2011 nonprofit merger, Cultural Vistas' Board of Directors has approved that designated reserve scholarship funds be utilized to establish this fellowship.
"Along with our Board of Directors, we are excited to launch this new initiative that will provide more American students with opportunities to examine critical issues from a range of global perspectives," said Cultural Vistas President & CEO Robert Fenstermacher. "This represents a significant investment in our mission. At all levels of Cultural Vistas, we are firmly committed to dedicating the resources necessary to ensure we are providing life-changing and career-building international experiences."
The inaugural program year of the Cultural Vistas Fellowship will focus on the theme of sustainability and be administered in five distinct program phases:
- Virtual learning seminar to orient fellows to program's intended outcomes; familiarize them with respective host countries and each other; as well as to introduce the theme of sustainability and explore relevant issues and practices (April-May 2013)
- Pre-departure orientation in New York City for fellows to meet, share learning goals, and prepare for their international internships (late May 2013)
- Eight-week internships in Buenos Aires, Berlin, and Singapore with one cohort of up to four fellows traveling to each international destination. (June-July 2013)
- Re-entry seminar in New York City to reflect and debrief on time abroad (late July 2013)
- Post-program "Fellows in Service" activities to highlight and share the skills and learning acquired during the program (Fall 2013 semester following internship)
The Cultural Vistas Fellowship is open to full-time rising juniors and seniors with practical experience in engineering, environmental awareness or related sciences. Applicants must be U.S. citizens between the ages of 18 to 30 and cannot have previously worked or studied abroad.
For internship placements in Argentina and Germany, prior language knowledge is also required.
Strong preference will be given to students historically underrepresented within international exchange. This includes, but is not limited to Pell Grant recipients; veterans; first-generation college students; students majoring in STEM fields; members of minority communities within the United States; and non-traditional students.
Program applications will be accepted until Friday, January 4, 2013.
Learn more about the Cultural Vistas Fellowship, including eligibility requirements and how to apply at http://www.culturalvistas.org/cvfellowship.
About Cultural Vistas
A non‐profit 501(c)(3) organization and designated sponsor of Exchange Visitor Programs, Cultural Vistas has facilitated professional exchange programs and services for visitors coming to the United States, and Americans seeking overseas experiential learning opportunities since 1950. Learn more at http://www.culturalvistas.org