Newport Beach, California (PRWEB) January 7, 2008
DrapeStyle (http://www.drapestyle.com), a leading manufacturer of luxury drapes in America, announced today the trends that will dominate window treatments and curtains for spring and summer 2008. The new trends are a departure from the more traditional looks that dominated 2007, with an emphasis on bold fabrics and colors focusing on expressive personal style and individuality.
Hot new trends in window treatments include:
- The use of grommets for a clean, contemporary look in metallic.
- Solid fabrics in pewter, platinum, and gold.
- Urban design influence with the use of solid fabrics in grays and warm bronze.
- Earthy natural fabrics in wood tones and stone colors.
- Animal prints are hot! Especially zebra.
- The "Boutique Hotel Room" look is in high demand - this is achieved by adding blackout lining to block nearly 100% of the light - making a room dark regardless of time of day. This process also greatly reduces energy costs by adding significant insulating value.
- The top interior designers are mounting drapery hardware close to the ceiling or crown to give the appearance and feel of more height.
- Use of decorative fabric for edge-banding or trim for a truly custom look will also be popular. This bottom bordered or banded drapery allows incorporation of up to three colors - and is easier to coordinate with a room's décor.
As lives become increasingly hectic, more people are seeking the timeless design of custom draperies which add peace, serenity and often a distinct personality to a room. Drapes have the ability to cost-effectively deliver the look of extravagant luxury. Timeless designs will never go out of style - and some individuals choose to rotate their window treatments seasonally. But for spring 2008 - fresh and contemporary lead the way.
Newport Beach, California-based Drape Style - http://www.drapestyle.com - designs and manufacturers the finest quality custom silk and linen drapes available anywhere - at an affordable price. Every drapery panel is custom made in the in-house California studio - nothing is "ready made" or made overseas. The company can accommodate unique or original requests and ideas - including any width or length and fabric. All work is 100% guaranteed. Continental U.S. customers ordering before March 1, 2008 receive Free Standard Shipping via UPS Ground by entering Coupon Code ENR14 at checkout. DrapeStyle makes your inspiration a reality.
Media Contact: For digital images of new drapery trends or to arrange an interview with DrapeStyle's Creative Director, contact RPR Public Relations, Inc. at 786-290-6413.