More and more of our clients want to expand their home's entertaining capacity. This project illustrates a trend to bring commercial bar influences into the home in a way that adds functional elegance.
Glen Ellyn, Illinois (PRWEB) April 24, 2008
A cozy English pub stocked with commercial barware took second place in the National Kitchen and Bath Association's (NKBA) 2008 Design Competition. Designed by Gail Drury, CMKBD for Drury Design Kitchen & Bath Studio, the winning display doubles as the studio's fund-raising event entertainment center. In 2007, the studio won second place out of over 100 entries in the Medium Kitchen category and honorable mention in the Other Rooms category. In all, the studio's portfolio encompasses over 20 NKBA award-winning projects. Download Design Guide and view Drury Design's custom kitchen design projects.
According to NKBA, a panel of 14 NKBA-certified designers judged each project based on visual appeal and creativity, as well as principles of design, presentation, and safety and ergonomics, using the NKBA Kitchen and Bath Planning Guidelines. NKBA presents Design Competition awards at Kitchen/Bath Industry Show & Conference (K/BIS), the world's largest kitchen and bath industry trade show.
Gail Drury, CMKBD, Drury Design Kitchen & Bath Studio founder and president says:
"More and more of our clients want to expand their home's entertaining capacity. This project illustrates a trend to bring commercial bar influences into the home in a way that adds functional elegance."
Drury Design's Cozy Commercial English Pub Project Details
- Custom Cabinetry: Ovation mahogany wood species with custom designed mullions, "aged bark" stain with a mix of inset and overlay doors
- English pub touches: heavily paneled soffit, tin ceiling and antique light fixtures
- Variable surface heights: 30" ice bin; 36" work area and 42" bar serving area
- Concealed refrigeration: built-in behind antiqued mirror doors with wood mullion accents
- Countertops: spring cloud polished marble
- Sink: mariana honed soapstone apron
- Built-in stainless ice bin with bottle caddy
- Flooring: hand-scraped walnut wide plank
- Appliances: Thermador refrigeration, Dacor microwave drawer, Miele dishwasher
"Winning our second NKBA showroom award in ten years is an honor for us and our clients. Our client-focused design approach allows us to illustrate -- through our designs and display -- the most remarkable kitchen designs," said Jim Drury, studio vice president.
About Drury Design Kitchen & Bath Studio
In 2008, Gail Drury, CMKBD celebrates 21 years as the president of Drury Design Kitchen & Bath Studio. Today, the studio's projects number over 1,000 homes throughout the Chicago Metro area. Located at 512 N. Main Street in downtown Glen Ellyn, Illinois, the studio exhibits over 25 vignettes in a two level 7500-sq.-ft. space. To interview Gail Drury about kitchen, bath and home design trends, call Jim Drury at 630.469.4980. The studio offers professional quality images ready for use in print and online publications. View the studio's online portfolio at http://www.drurydesigns.com.