Dallas, TX (Vocus) November 24, 2010
As American’s prepare for the holiday season and trips to visit family, the Car Accident Injury Attorneys at 1800-Car-Wreck.com have 5 tips for staying safe in the car. The Bureau of Transportation Services reports that the Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year’s holiday periods are among the busiest long distance travel periods of the year. Keep your family safe during these holiday season trips with Car Accident Injury Attorney tips:
1. Inspect Your Vehicle Before Road Trips -- Prior to making a longer journey, have your vehicle inspected to make sure it is in proper working order. Check the headlights, turning singles, break lights, tire pressure and breaks to make sure nothing malfunctions on the way to your final destination.
2. Avoid Cell Phone Use When Driving -- It is important to be aware of the state rules which you will be traveling through for both texting while driving and the use of cell phones when driving. Avoiding cell phone use all together when behind the wheel will insure you are compliant with local laws and will increase your safety say Car Accident Injury Lawyers. It is proven that use of a cellular phone when driving increases the chances of being involved in a motor vehicle accident.
3. Pull Over If Feeling Tired -- Driving while tired is a bad combination. If you are starting to get fatigued behind the wheel pull over in a safe, well lit area like a rest station and take a brief 20 minute nap. The small delay in your travel could save you from falling asleep at the wheel and causing a car accident or drifting off the road and injuring yourself and passengers.
4. Do Not Drink and Drive -- Even if you have only had one or two drinks, avoid getting behind the wheel of your car. Make arrangements before going to holiday get togethers for sleeping arrangements at the party location or for a designated driver if you plan on consuming alcoholic beverages. Remember, if you drink and drive you are putting both your life and the lives of innocent drivers around you in danger.
5. Eliminate Distractions -- When driving stay 100% focused on the road and the other vehicles around you. Eliminate distractions like eating while driving by scheduling regular breaks for food or looking down at a map by nominating a copilot to read your directions for you.
The Car Accident Injury Attorneys at 1800-Car-Wreck want you to have a safe and enjoyable holiday season. Nothing ruins holiday travel like a car accident so follow these five tips from the Car Accident Injury Attorneys.
About The Car Accident Injury Attorneys at 1800-Car-Wreck
The Car Accident Injury Attorneys at 1800-Car-Wreck.com are leading Dallas/DFW metroplex area car wreck lawyers who can help those with questions pertaining to car accident injury understand their legal rights to compensation. Whether one has been involved in a motorcycle wreck, highway wreck, 18 wheeler accident, pickup wreck, deadly car wreck, drunk driving accident, or any other car crash accident type, the Car Accident Injury Attorneys at 1800-Car-Wreck have over 50 years of combined legal experience in helping accident victims with their personal injury cases.
For more information on staying safe during holiday travels from the leading Dallas Car Accident Injury Attorneys, or for a complimentary car wreck case review, please visit http://www.1800-Car-Wreck.com or call 1800-Car-Wreck today.
3100 Monticello Avenue, Suite 500
Dallas, TX 75205-3432