Social marketing can be a tremendous tool for promoting books and authors, if it's done correctly
Bryan, TX (Vocus) June 17, 2010
In a recent survey, 94% of authors and independent publishers said that they plan to use social marketing to promote themselves and their books this year. But many authors and publishers aren't quite sure how to use social marketing to its fullest potential.
"Social marketing can be a tremendous tool for promoting books and authors, if it's done correctly," says Dana Lynn Smith, author of The Savvy Book Marketer's Guide to Successful Social Marketing. "But authors can waste a lot of valuable time and even alienate people if they don't understand the right ways to use these powerful tools."
On June 22, Smith will share a wealth of tips and techniques for using social networking sites for promoting books and authors. Here are just a few of the topics to be covered in her Social Networking Success for Authors teleseminar:
· How to choose the right networks for promoting your books
· The biggest mistakes people—even online veterans—make while networking online
· How to manage your time so you're not overwhelmed
· The secrets to creating powerful profiles on social networks
· The right (and wrong!) way to attract friends and followers
· How to write Twitter tweets that get results (and a list of 21 things to tweet about)
· How to protect your privacy amid Facebook's controversial new policies
· Secrets to making your Facebook page a powerful marketing tool using custom HTML
· How to use Facebook to grow your opt-in list
· The biggest blunder newbies make on LinkedIn
· Powerful ways to build visibility on LinkedIn with groups and discussions
"The potential reach of social networks for promoting books is staggering," says Peggy Sue Skipper of The New Era Times, sponsor of the teleseminar. "Facebook has 400 million active users worldwide—more than the entire population of the United States. It's important that authors learn to harness the power of social networking."
The Social Networking Success for Authors teleseminar is at 8:00 p.m. Eastern time on Thursday, June 22. Everyone who registers will receive a recording of the session to listen to at their convenience, along with a Learning Guide containing screenshots and resources and a bonus report, 10 Steps to Online Networking Success. For more information and to register, go to http://bit.ly/AuthorSocial.