As corporations and organizations in the U.S. become more and more conscious of their impact on the environment, the Flex DVD is clearly a more “green” DVD replication solution to consider.
Past News ReleasesRSS
California (PRWEB) October 25, 2011
Digital Flex Media is pleased to announce the availability of their new Flex DVD*, a data replication solution that is better for the environment than traditional DVD-5 discs. As corporations and organizations in the U.S. become more and more conscious of their impact on the environment, the Flex DVD is clearly a more “green” DVD replication solution to consider. Digital Flex Media’s molding technology uses one half the polycarbonate and chemicals that a standard DVD-5 replication process normally uses. Over time, this reduction in pollution will lead to a healthier, cleaner world.
Flex DVD is the latest technology in the DVD replication industry. This single layer format has the same capacity of a DVD-5 (4.7GB for standard size, 1.1GB for 3” Mini and 350MB for 63MM Rectangle Business card), but is half the thickness of a standard DVD. This new data replication disc format is literally “flexible.” Designed, engineered, tested, and patented by Digital Flex Media engineers on site, this new format is ideal for any disc based direct marketing, mailing, books, magazine and children application due to its resilience to breakage, shattering, and cracking – not to mention the immense savings on postage.
Some features and benefits for the Flex Disc include:
- Only 0.6mm thick disc! (Full size Disc & 80mm Mini Disc)
- 50% less polycarbonate – environmentally eco friendly
- Emits 53% less carbon during manufacturing than traditional DVD-5 discs
- Can be 100% recycled and doesn’t use any hazardous chemicals or bonding
- Disc can be bent and “flexed” without damaging
- Perfect for “cover mount” and direct mail
- Eliminates poly-bagging magazines
- Plays just like a regular DVD disc
- Disc allows a direct mail piece using this disc to be classified as “Standard Mail”
- Cheaper shipping costs
- Lowers the carbon footprint by using less fuel during transportation
- Please click the link to see a minute video about our Flex Disc: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyvJlt7fHTw
Digital Flex Media is committed to quality, excellence, and above all 100% customer satisfaction, and is happy to be a one-stop media supplier for data replication that offers a wide array of services catering to the disc manufacturing process, including:
- DVD-5, DVD-9, DVD-10 Replication
- CD Replication
- FLEX – DVD-5 4.7 GB (Patent)
About Digital Flex Media, Inc.
Digital Flex Media, Inc, (DFM), was founded by a seasoned and knowledgeable staff with over 50 years of combined experience in manufacturing, Data Replication, CD Replication, DVD Replication and High Definition Replication, media services, and I.T. technologies was assembled with only one goal, Total Customer Satisfaction.
For more information, please visit http://www.digitalflexmedia.com
*(Patent # 7,947352 & 12/001,924 & 12/467,173)