For the first time, we can understand the impact of a multi-faceted attack, and even visualize how such attacks could happen
San Jose, CA (Vocus) August 6, 2009
Skybox Security, the leader in automated security risk and compliance management, announced that add-on sales to its customer base in the U.S. grew by 50% over the past year, with significant new customer traction in several vertical markets. Long a leader in financial services, with some of the largest organizations around the world as customers, Skybox Security now sees more than 70% of its deals coming from other sectors including government/defense, energy/utility, telecommunications and retail. These milestones plus a 90% renewal rate clearly show the relevance, even in tough economic times, of solutions that help IT groups maintain compliance and avoid security breaches.
- In the defense arena, Skybox has won multiple IT projects in various countries, spurred by increased government spending for cyber-defense needs. The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) explained the appeal of Skybox solutions: "For the first time, we can understand the impact of a multi-faceted attack, and even visualize how such attacks could happen," said one of the program managers for the USAID ISSO team.
- The power utility industry faces increasingly stringent cyber security compliance requirements in the form of the NERC/CIP standards, which are especially pertinent in light of smart grid and "intelligent utility" initiatives. Among Skybox customers in the utility industry are a major Arizona energy company, a large California utility company, a very large Eastern US power company and many utilities in Europe. Skybox solutions provide customers with a holistic view of their entire network in order to make relevant decisions and place them in a business context. Customers can then conduct automated audits, assess vulnerabilities, and reduce risk and exposure time.
- Companies in retail must ensure compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), created to help organizations that process card payments prevent credit card fraud, hacking and other vulnerabilities and threats. Among the requirements of the PCI compliance regulation are frequent firewall audits, a difficult task when hundreds or thousands of firewalls are involved, each with hundreds of rules. Skybox customers such as two Fortune 500 retailers, a leading online ecommerce company and many others can demonstrate compliance with the regulation, achieving and sustaining continuous and automated PCI DSS compliance while saving time and money.
- The telecommunications sector relies on a complex, distributed infrastructure of firewalls and network devices. Subject to regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, and Basel II, telecom companies look to Skybox Security for distributed solutions to automate security risk and compliance management. Skybox customers, including Bell Canada and large EMEA telecom providers, can now optimize firewall policies, prevent data breaches, keep hackers from exploiting firewall settings, and ensure continuous compliance with audit and regulatory requirements.
The Skybox Security US customer base includes 19 of the Fortune 500 plus many large government organizations, as well as marquee names in the insurance, technology, utilities, ecommerce, financial services and entertainment markets. Worldwide, Skybox Security customers include many Global 2000 leaders in telecommunications, banking and energy, as well as government agencies in Europe and Asia.
"At a time when IT budgets face considerable constraints, we are pleased to see the continued interest in our solutions with their proven ability to reduce risk and provide cost-effective compliance validation," said Gidi Cohen, CEO, Skybox Security. "Organizations across the board are looking to Skybox' proven solutions to not only solve critical problems, but enable them to enjoy cost savings as well."
The Skybox Security portfolio includes:
- Skybox Firewall Compliance Auditor (PCI Compliance, Change Assurance, Configuration Optimization)
- Skybox Network Compliance Auditor (Network Modeling, Connectivity Troubleshooting)
- Skybox Risk Exposure Analyzer (Attack Modeling, Risk Assessment, Vulnerability Prioritization, Patch Optimization)
- Skybox Threat Alert Manager (Threat Correlation, Threat Life Cycle Workflow)
- Skybox Security Profile Advisor (Vulnerability and Patch Management Dashboard)
About Skybox Security, Inc.
Skybox Security, Inc. is the leader in automated security risk and compliance management solutions, helping IT organizations pinpoint and prioritize security risks, compliance, and availability exposures within minutes. Our solutions automatically collect and analyze comprehensive data about network topology and systems, configuration settings, threats and vulnerabilities - anticipating the most urgent IT concerns before harm has been done. Medium to large organizations in Financial Services, Telecommunications, Retail, Government, Utilities, and Defense rely on Skybox Security solutions to reduce risk exposure and achieve compliance. For more information visit http://www.skyboxsecurity.com .
NOTE: Skybox® Security is a registered trademark of Skybox Security Inc. All other registered and unregistered trademarks herein are the sole property of their respective owners. Product specifications subject to change at any time without prior notice. © 2009 Skybox Security, Inc. All rights reserved.
Skybox Security, Inc.
Michelle Johnson Cobb, (408) 441-8060 x2019
Tanya Candia, (650) 619-2874