Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) April 30, 2012
Big Data is a big deal for most organizations in the world today no matter their size; large or small the challenges of Big Data in terms of collection, storing, analysis and reporting of Big Data are no longer a future possibility, but a present imperative. Everyone from CEOs to risk managers, CIOs to data analysts, marketing VPs to database engineers need to have a better understanding of Big Data to help their businesses gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
The Keynote panel is made up of six of the most prominent and knowledgeable experts in the Data Management industry:
- Robin Bloor - Principal Analyst at The Bloor Group
- Paul Pedersen - Deputy CTO at 10gen
- John Haddad - Director of Enterprise Data Integration at Informatica
- Neil Radan - VP & Principal Analyst at Constellation Research
- April Reeve - Advisory Consultant at EMC Consulting
- Anjul Bhambhri - Vice President of Big Data Products at IBM
The panel will cover a host of discussion points including (but not limited to):
- What is Big Data and how do we agree on its definition?
- How big will Big Data get?
- What does the CEO think about it?
- What can you do to future-proof your career in a Big Data era?
- What are the key new technologies to get educated about?
- Will Little Data technologies become obsolete?
- Is Big Data governable and how can it be governed?
More information on the Keynote panel can be found here: http://www.dataversity.net/may-2-webinar-live-broadcast-of-edw-keynote-the-big-panel-on-big-data/
Enterprise Data World is the business world’s most comprehensive educational event about data and information management. Over the course of five days, EDW presents a diverse schedule of programming that addresses every level of proficiency, including keynotes, workshops, tutorials, case studies, and discussions. The conference includes over 200 hours of cutting-edge content in a vendor-neutral environment, with specialized tracks that allow you to focus on the data management topics most pertinent to your needs, including all-new tracks on Unstructured Data and Data-driven Business.
The event will be held at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center in Atlanta, Georgia April 29 to May 3, 2012.
EDW 2012 platinum and gold sponsors include:
- Cambridge Semantics
- Data Advantage Group, Inc.
- Global IDs
- Informatica Corporation
- Liaison Technologies
- Meta Integration
To see the full program schedule please visit: http://edw2012.dataversity.net/agenda.cfm?confid=65&scheduleDay=PRINT
Follow the conference on Twitter using: #EDW12
Dataversity provides a centralized location for training, online webinars, certification, news and more for information technology (IT) professionals, executives and business managers worldwide. Members enjoy access to a deeper archive, leaders within the industry, knowledge base and discounts off many educational resources including webinars and data management conferences. For more information please visit: http://www.dataversity.net/, or email: info(at)dataversity(dot)net.
About DAMA International:
DAMA International is a non-profit, vendor-independent, global association of technical and business professionals dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices of information and data management. For more information go to http://www.DAMA.org