Toronto, Ontario (PRWEB) October 29, 2007
Whether you're planning business travel, student travel or just for pleasure, advance preparation is the key to a rewarding travel experience. Since it's never too early to start thinking about travel essentials, here are five simple suggestions from Days Inns - Canada to help get you off to the right start:
1. A Little Goes A Long Way: Do your research ahead of time and book hotel reservations well in advance. Visit brand-specific websites, such as http://www.daysinn.ca to get the guaranteed best available rate. Jot down the hotel name along with your confirmation number and confirm reservations prior to departure.
2. Less Is More: Be sure to pack light and right - the less you pack, the less you have to carry. A checklist with different categories will help you get organized and ensure you fill your suitcase with the necessities. Traveling with light luggage will ease your trip and increase overall comfort level while on the road.
3. Get Rewarded: Check with the hotel to see if they offer a loyalty program such as TripRewards, designed with the traveler in mind. Look for a participating partner, such as Days Inn hotels and earn valuable TripRewards points during your stay that can be redeemed for hundreds of great rewards.
4. Peace of Mind: Prepare yourself for the road ahead and purchase a supplemental travel and health insurance plan that will help protect you from unexpected bumps along the way. Always carry proof of insurance coverage and leave a copy of this information at home with a family member or a friend.
5. Smooth Sailing Through Security: When traveling by air, check the status of your flight and arrive at the airport a couple hours prior to scheduled departure. Ensure there are no sharp objects in your carry-on bag and call the airline ahead of time to find out specific baggage restrictions. Don't forget to bring appropriate identification and keep your ID easily accessible.
With just a little advance planning and research, you'll be able to avoid unnecessary delays and enjoy a stress free getaway. Reservations can be made by visiting http://www.daysinn.ca or by calling 1 800 DAYS INN.
About Days Inns - Canada
Days Inns - Canada is one of the country's leading hotel chains with 85 independently owned and operated properties and over 7,800 rooms. Its franchises cover a wide range of urban, airport and resort properties in primary and secondary markets across Canada. Days Inns - Canada participates in the TripRewards® guest reward program, which is free to join and offers points that can be redeemed at a host of retail and travel partners including Aeroplan and Canadian Tire. Realstar Hotel Services Corp. is the master franchisor of the Days Inn brand in Canada. Days Inn Worldwide, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group, one of three principal components of Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN), which encompasses more than 6,400 franchised and managed hotels and 535,000 hotel rooms worldwide. For more information about Days Inns - Canada, to make a reservation or to become a TripRewards® member, please visit http://www.daysinn.ca or call the bilingual reservations hotline at 1-800 DAYS INN (1-800-329-7466).