London (PRWEB UK) 10 September 2013
The 8th annual Defence Exports conference, Europe's leading conference for senior export control professionals will take place in three weeks’ time.
Following on from the outstanding success of last year's event, this must-attend conference will feature a line-up of industry leading speakers and key Government officials from across US, Europe and the world to allow attendees to learn about the latest updates on international export control regulations
Last year's event sold out so those interested are advised to secure their place today. Register online at http://www.defence-exports.com
Key topics to be addressed include: Update from the US Department of Commerce, The business implications of the U.S. export control reform, Civil nuclear export controls, Dual-Use Technology Export Control EU regulation, ITAR and EAR/OFAC enforcement compared.
Understand defence exports on a global scale and place your company at a strategic advantage with critical compliance information.
The expert speaker line-up includes:
- Kevin Wolf, Assistant Secretary for Export Administration, Department of Commerce
- Ambassador Philip Griffiths, Head of Secretariat, Wassenaar Arrangement
- Mr Stephane Chardon, Dual Use Export Controls DG TRADE, European Commission
- Jan-Erik Lövgren, Deputy Director General, Swedish Inspectorate of Strategic Products (ISP)
- Dr Walter Werner, Head of Unit, V B 3 - Export Control: Defence Goods; Control of Acquisitions, Ministry of Economics and Technology, Germany
- Spencer Chilvers, Head of Export Control Policy and Civil Nuclear, Rolls-Royce plc
- Jochem Hartmennshenn, Senior Manager Export Administration, EADS - Cassidian
To view the full speaker line-up please click here
In addition, don't miss the interactive workshop on:
How to Draft an Effective Export Control Compliance Manual
Workshop Leader: Gary Stanley, President, Global Legal Services.
Who should attend? In-house legal counsel, export control managers, quality control managers, and anyone else who is tasked with overseeing export control compliance and developing the policies and procedures. Click here for more details
For those wishing to attend, you can register online at http://www.defence-exports.com or alternatively contact James Hitchen for more information on: +44 (0) 207 827 6054 or email jhitchen(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk
About SMi Group
The SMi Group is a highly professional, independent and global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops and Masterclasses, and online Communities. The SMi Group creates and delivers events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. For more information, please visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk