It’s not just a victory for ODIN, but a real win for Dell customers who are looking for IT Asset Tracking designed for maximum return on investment (ROI).
Austin, TX (PRWEB) April 8, 2010
Dell Direct is now offering turn-key IT Asset Tracking RFID solutions provided by ODIN, the world's leading RFID software and solution company. Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is the 21st century way to improve IT Asset Security and Visibility. Leading companies globally are switching from 40 year-old bar code technology to RFID to increase efficiency and harden security. ODIN is headquartered in the USA and has two offices in Europe. ODIN has completed many of the largest and most complex RFID deployments around the world from the US Department of Defense and Airbus to projects for some of the world's largest banks and medical device manufactures. ODIN has delivered more than 300 successful RFID projects for 100 global clients and brings award-winning expertise and solutions to bear through Dell Direct.
"This is a major step forward for the RFID industry. Offering a proven, high-ROI solution like server and personal computer tracking in an easy to procure, low-risk manner will really help companies replace their archaic bar code systems and manual processes. It's especially good news for companies who want the benefit of RFID married with the low-risk procurement and support Dell can provide," commented Patrick J. Sweeney II, ODIN's founder. He added; "It's not just a victory for ODIN, but a real win for Dell customers who are looking for IT Asset Tracking designed for maximum return on investment (ROI)."
Dell Direct is offering five solutions to end-user clients:
- A simple entry level hand-held UHF RFID reader with ODIN's EasyEdge™ embedded RFID device management agent ready to use out of the box
- A mobile cart for tracking servers in the data center environment with ODIN's EasyEdge™ RFID device management software featuring a full-power passive UHF RFID reader designed specifically for the data center
- Passive RFID doorway portal with a UHF passive RFID reader, GPIO controller, four antennas and ODIN's EasyEdge™ RFID device management agent pre-loaded and configured on the reader
- RFID tags designed and tested specifically for use with servers, laptops, and other IT Assets both in the USA and globally
- ODIN's Intelligent Asset Management (I AM™) software solution for tracking IT Assets in the data center or enterprise, featuring instant standalone asset management or complete RFID integration for existing enterprise solutions
- ODIN's full suite of engineering and implementation services and full lifecycle RFID support
All of the ODIN solutions have been carefully designed and developed with the physics of RFID in mind. Achieving 99.9% read rates can only be attained through the careful use of scientific testing and design. ODIN's lab has been benchmarking RFID hardware such as readers and tags since 2004 and offers the best performing configurations, so Dell's customers can be assured of the highest level of RFID accuracy on day one.
ODIN's second design philosophy is to make sure integration is easy, fast, and inexpensive. All of ODIN's passive RFID software solutions integrate with major ERP and asset management systems including SAP, Maximo, Tivoli, Remedy, Sunflower and other software commonly used to track IT Assets. Get the most from your high investment in enterprise software and add the high-value, hands-free capabilities of RFID for data capture.
ODIN is the leader in packaged RFID solutions for healthcare, aerospace, financial services, and government agencies. Global corporations on five continents leverage ODIN's expert engineers and patented RFID software and monitoring tools to achieve accuracy, speed, and visibility for their RFID deployments. In addition to packaged solutions, implementations, and engineering, ODIN publishes the RFID Benchmark Series™, the industry's first and most referenced head-to-head performance analysis of RFID equipment. ODIN's RFID optimization software EasyRFID™ has been successfully used at dozens of companies across more than 300 sites worldwide to ensure accurate and scalable RFID implementations. ODIN serves clients from offices in Ashburn, Virginia, Dublin, Ireland and Budapest, Hungary. http://www.ODINtechnologies.com