Our business model, partner ecosystem, and close client relationships all contribute to our spirit of collaboration and innovation.
Burlington, Mass. (Vocus/PRWEB) March 29, 2011
Demandware, Inc., a global leader in on-demand ecommerce, today kicked off its inaugural Demandware XChange Conference on a wave of strong market momentum and client revenue growth. The sold-out Conference, being held March 29-31, 2011 at the InterContinental Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts, will host more than 300 members of the global Demandware community for a super-charged idea exchange on the present and future of digital commerce.
The event takes place on the heels of another record year for Demandware in 2010 with 113 new ecommerce sites launched on the Demandware Commerce platform. In addition, Demandware clients outperformed the industry in 2010 with 34 percent average year-over-year quarterly revenue growth, more than three times that of the industry quarterly averages reported by research group comScore.
The Demandware XChange Conference is an opportunity for Demandware clients to tap into the collective talent of the Demandware community and emerge with new information, ideas and actionable strategies for taking their businesses forward and further accelerating growth. The conference features keynote presentations by leading retailers, industry experts and Demandware executives and developers who will share market insights, innovative multi-channel commerce growth strategies and important developments regarding Demandware products and services.
Guest keynote presenters include John McCarvel, CEO and President of Crocs, Inc.; Kemper Seay, Director of eCommerce, Carter’s, Inc.; Mike Willoughby, President of PFSweb; and Brian Walker, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research. Attendees can also choose from more than 20 breakout sessions on various business and technical topics ranging from social commerce to Web APIs to international expansion.
“We are delighted to host our clients and partners in Boston for our inaugural conference,” said Tom Ebling, CEO of Demandware. “Our business model, partner ecosystem, and close client relationships all contribute to our spirit of collaboration and innovation. We are excited and confident that this event will mark a point of acceleration for all of us, as we look beyond just ecommerce to enabling retailers to provide branded experiences across all consumer touch points, including social networks, mobile, call centers and stores.”
A summary of major developments and accomplishments for Demandware in 2010 include:
- 113 new ecommerce sites launched on the Demandware Commerce platform, including 72 sites in North America and 41 in Europe and Asia
- New client relationships encompassing more than 65 retail and consumer brands across apparel, consumer goods, health and beauty, and luxury industries
- 34 percent year-over-year average quarterly revenue growth across Demandware clients
- More than 40 new product features and enhancements delivered automatically to all clients
- The launch of Demandware LINK, a partner community providing Demandware clients with pre-built integrations to leading third-party technologies. Since launching in April 2010, Demandware LINK integrations have been shown to reduce the cost and complexity of ecommerce integrations by 75% as compared to enterprise license applications.
- 99.98 percent platform availability, not including scheduled maintenance
- Expansion of U.S. headquarters to new offices with 31,000 square feet of space in Burlington, Massachusetts
- Expansion of European sales operations with new offices in Paris, France and Utrecht, The Netherlands, in addition to existing offices in Jena, Germany
- Recognition by industry analysts as the leading on-demand ecommerce platform
Connect With Us!
- Twitter – twitter.com/demandware
- Facebook – facebook.com/demandware
- Demandware Blog - blog.demandware.com
About Demandware, Inc.
The trusted, global leader in on-demand ecommerce, Demandware revolutionizes how businesses deliver customized shopping experiences to consumers in the digital world. Only Demandware combines the on-demand ecommerce platform rated #1 by industry analysts, an open ecosystem of partners that extend the value of the platform, and measurable commitment by its employees to enabling client revenue growth. Demandware continually sets industry standards for market innovation and client satisfaction. Demandware clients include industry leaders such as Bare Escentuals, Barneys New York, Columbia Sportswear, Crocs, Frederick’s of Hollywood, OtterBox, Jones Apparel Group, Brooks Sports, Michaels Stores, Panasonic, Reitmans and Theory. For more information about Demandware, visit http://www.demandware.com, call 888-553-9216 or email info(at)demandware(dot)com.
Corporate Communications Manager, Demandware
# # #