San Diego, CA (PRWEB) November 16, 2011
OMMA Magazine announced the winners of its annual Agency of the Year Awards Monday, with digital design, technology and marketing company Digitaria named top “Design/Interactive” agency of 2011.
“It’s a tremendous honor to be recognized by OMMA for the breadth of quality work Digitaria has produced in 2011,” said Digitaria Chief Executive Officer Daniel Khabie. “Winning Design/Interactive Agency of the Year is a tribute to the talent of the great people we have here, and I am happy as can be to see their work honored and showcased in this way.”
Digitaria was recognized for its numerous and wide-ranging collection of website, mobile and out-of-home interactive products launched in 2011, including:
- The LRA Crisis Tracker (http://www.lracrisistracker.com) – An interactive site and mobile app that compiles and tracks the activities of African war criminal Joseph Kony and his guerrilla army. It has been given accolades by the United Nations and the US State Department for changing the playing field in this 25-year conflict.
- Alpert Awards in the Arts (http://www.alpertawards.org/thework/index.html) – This Communication Arts Website of the Day and “Best in Class” Interactive Media Awards winner is an exploratory form of digital curating that invites visitors to guide their own experience.
- NFL UK (http://www.nfluk.com) – This site melds a pair of 2009 NFL UK sites, also designed and built by Digitaria, that teach American football rules and teams to British residents, while adding new content that creates a centralized community for international American football fans abroad – from novice to diehard.
- Under Armour (http://bit.ly/u6iHqR) – Digitaria handled the digital portion of the sportswear client’s “Do You Hear Footsteps” footwear launch campaign.
- WildAid (http://www.wildaid.org/) – -- Digitaria redesigned and rebuilt the animal protection non-profit’s website around three key elements – Who they are/What they do/How you can help – and capitalized upon the organization’s relationship with National Geographic to improve site art.
- “Psych” Vision – Using Adobe’s state-of-the-art AIR 3.0 design system, Digitaria created simultaneous Android (bit.ly/rpweDw) and Apple (bit.ly/tc2yJk) apps for an interactive two-screen experience for the USA Network mystery series “Psych.”
- USA Triathlon (http://www.usatriathlon.org) – The redesigned and rebuilt site integrates customizable content, improved media and a streamlined content management platform in advance of the 2012 Olympic Games.
- Additionally, throughout the past year Digitaria has led world-class brands’ digital initiatives, including:
o Designed and built Qualcomm’s enormous “Everyone Connected” project at CES – bit.ly/toMUeU
o Designed and built the app for the USA Network’s WWE Tough Enough – bit.ly/eZFskb
o Concepted, designed and built the Subway “Dunk Fresh” social NBA All-Star app that let fans dunk like Blake Griffin – bit.ly/u2aBcM
o Rebuilt Reef.com as it turned into an e-commerce site – reef.com
Earlier in the year, iMedia recognized Digitaria as one of the top 25 West Coast agencies from any marketing discipline. The agency was a finalist for .net magazine’s Agency of the Year. Its “Expedition: Mongolia” website and accompanying mapping technology won a Silver National Addy. Chief Technical Officer Chuck Phillips was named San Diego’s IT Executive of the Year in June. CEO Dan Khabie was an Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist in the spring.
Details of the winning agencies will be covered in the January edition of OMMA Magazine, as well as at a special Agency of the Year Awards ceremony on January 11, 2012 in New York City.
Digitaria is a full-service marketing and technology firm, with offices in San Diego, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Minneapolis and Salt Lake City. Founded in 1997, Digitaria provides integrated business solutions that include digital product innovation, web strategy, interactive marketing, optimization and analytics, design, user experience, hosting and content management technology, and web development. Part of WPP, the world’s largest marketing services holding company, and aligned with legendary advertising agency JWT, the agency’s rapid growth has been built upon the melding of digital creative design with technology, which enables Digitaria to concept ground-breaking ideas and then use in-house resources and talent to bring those ideas to life. By offering customers the widest range of technology and services under one roof, Digitaria continues to provide innovative solutions that guarantee clients remain at the forefront of the digital revolution. Clients include Qualcomm, NBC/Universal, Under Armour, Royal Caribbean, DreamWorks, NFL and several franchises. Its website is http://www.digitaria.com.
CONTACT: Tom Siebert/@TomSiebert/thomas(dot)siebert(at)digitaria(dot)com/619-546-7402
# # #