COMTEC plastic electronic enclosures have proven to be extremely popular in the telecoms and security industries because they can be used for both desktop and wall mounted applications.
Bridgeville, PA (PRWEB) November 23, 2011
Rapidly growing demand for ever more sophisticated telecoms and security equipment is boosting demand for COMTEC desktop enclosures from OKW.
OKW’s COMTEC range of sloping front keypad enclosures is becoming increasingly popular with designers of surveillance systems, telecoms equipment, intercoms, data collection units and point of sale terminals.
These highly versatile and modern ABS enclosures can be used for a broad range of instrumentation. They feature an attractive ‘softline’ design with an operating area ergonomically inclined by 10 degrees, guaranteeing comfortable operation of the controls.
COMTEC electronic enclosures are molded in Off-white (RAL 9002) or Black (RAL 9005) ABS (UL 94 HB) with custom colors and materials available on request. Each case consists of a top and base molding, and optionally, a battery compartment lid.
Assembly is by an interlocking system at the front and by two screws at the rear, allowing easier access if the plastic enclosures are mounted on a wall.
COMTEC instrument enclosures come in a range of seven standard sizes with external dimensions from 4.72” x 5.90” x 1.68” to 11.41” x 7.87” x 2.97”.
Four sizes are available with a battery compartment aperture in the base section, designed for mounting an accessory battery cradle.
Three types of battery cradle are offered: one 9V cell, two 9V cells or four 1.5V AA cells. A clip-on battery compartment lid is also provided.
The COMTEC range can also be used as attractive wall mount enclosures for applications such as building services, door entry and monitoring electronics.
Pre-molded mounting points are provided in the base sections for easy fitting to a wall or machine housing.
The top panel is recessed for mounting membrane keypads or product labels. Screw pillars are molded inside the PCB enclosures for mounting PCBs and assemblies. Prices start at $22.
OKW can supply the COMTEC as custom enclosures with:
- additional holes for keypads, connectors and displays
- silk-screen printed legends and logos
- RFI shielding.
OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, said: “COMTEC plastic electronic enclosures have proven to be extremely popular in the telecoms and security industries because they can be used for both desktop and wall mounted applications.
“Using one type of enclosure throughout a project makes perfect sense. It not only creates a unified aesthetic theme but can also help to reduce to costs.”
He added: “It is not just the telecoms, security and access control sectors that have discovered the benefits of COMTEC. These popular enclosures can be used for a wide variety of instrumentation applications.”
Features of COMTEC desktop enclosures from OKW:
- Modern, ergonomic keypad enclosures
- Operating face inclined at 10 degrees for ergonomic comfort
- Useful range of seven sizes
- Ideal for either desktop or wall mounted electronics
- Version I – without battery compartment lid
- Version II – with battery compartment lid
- Screw-in battery cradles can be ordered separately for Version II cases
- Easy assembly with two self-tapping screws
- Recess in top for a membrane keypad or label
- Internal mounting pillars for PCBs
- Flat rear face for connections and switches
- Material – ABS (UL 94 HB)
- Protection Class – IP41 (Not rated)
- Standard colors – Off-white (RAL 9002), Black (RAL 9005)
- Accessories – battery cradles, wall mounting kit and PCB screws.
COMTEC is one of a number of desktop enclosures ranges manufactured by OKW. Others include:
- DATEC-TERMINAL modular sloping front enclosures which offer a wide range of permutations including the capacity to house magnetic card and bar code readers.
- INTERFACE-TERMINAL multifunction electronic enclosures for mobile, wall-mounted or desktop enclosures. They can be used as mobile or stationary units.
- UNITEC dual-face sloping front enclosures for face-to-face electronics applications. The user can input the data on the top face while another person can view a display or printout on the other face.
For more information about OKW enclosures, view the website or contact OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, Tel: 800-965-9872.
Notes for Editors
OKW ENCLOSURES, INC.
Abele Business Park
3000 Old Pond Road
Tel. 800 965 9872
Tel. 412 220 9244
Fax. 412 220 9247