Tourists will be able to experience the Destin Harbor in its entirety without having to walk through obstructed areas.
Destin, FL (PRWEB) February 03, 2012
The City of Destin announced earlier this year that the completion of the new Destin Harbor Boardwalk will be finished right in time for the 2012 Summer tourist season. Tourists will be able to experience the Destin Harbor in its entirety without having to walk through obstructed areas. This project is expected to be a big attraction for the area and bring much needed support for the harbor businesses.
Travel website TripShock.com recommends the following activities while visiting the harbor.
1) Paddleboard Rentals and Tours- GUSU Paddlesports offers stand-up paddleboard rentals and tours of the harbor. SUP (Stand-up paddleboarding) is one of the fastest growing watersports on the Gulf Coast. Rentals start at $30 per hour.
2) Parasailing - Destin Parasailing offers daily parasail rides out of the Destin Harbor. Guests may ride single or tandem and reach heights of 500 feet. Rates start at $60 per person.
3) Charter Fishing - Olin Marler Charters offers deep sea fishing charters daily. Catch local favorites such as triggerfish, amberjack, grouper and red snapper. Rates start at $65 per person for 6 hours.
4) Private Sailing Charters - Emerald Coast Sailing offers private sailing charters of the intercoastal waters. Take a trip for two, or bring the entire family. See dolphins and other marine wildlife. Prices start at $160 per tour.
5) Pontoon Boat Rental- Rent a pontoon and head to Crab Island for the day. Hang out with hundreds of tourists and locals alike as everyone socializes in the sun. Rates start at $250 for 4 hours.
TripShock! ® is the one and only travel agency that enables travelers to book accommodations, tours, and activities online directly for the Northern Gulf Coast. TripShock! offers trusted reviews from real travelers, photos, videos and other planning tools to help create the perfect Gulf Coast vacation. TripShock! attracts more than 500,000 visitors annually and partners with over 100 activity and lodging providers from Florida to Louisiana.