Destination Accelerator was established to examine effective digital media strategies for destination marketers
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 20, 2012
On September 24 in New York City, a one-day educational program for destination marketers will bring together experts and executives from across the travel industry to speak about attracting and engaging visitors through new digital media strategies.
As most people involved in the tourism industry know, travel is inherently mobile – there are already more than 1 billion smart mobile devices (phones and tablets) in use worldwide – and travelers today have proven very quick to adopt the latest technologies through which they tap into a vast digital ecosystem of data and services built for them. At present, at least half of U.S. travelers use their mobile devices once they have reached a destination to find and book activities, learn about local events and read about points of interest.
With that in mind, Destination Accelerator was established to examine effective digital media strategies for destination marketers. Its inaugural event in New York City is structured for busy professionals with experience juggling destination-marketing challenges. It responds to their concerns by assembling in one place and at one time a vital corps of expert digital professionals (some independent, others affiliated with leading companies) with experience in the travel space.
Panels include some of today's most forward-thinking digital experts, including:
- Rich Beattie, Executive Digital Editor of Travel+Leisure
- Ross Borden, CEO and Cofounder of Matador Network
- Cees Bosselaar, Business Development and Destination Marketing Specialist at PhoCusWright
- Jim Brody, VP Destination Marketing at Oyster and formerly of TripAdvisor
- Jason Clampet, Cofounder Skift and former Senior Online Editor at Frommers
- Robin Dorian, Cofounder at Find Eat Drink and previously CEO at 4th Wall Productions
- Thomas Farkas, Director Programming and Special Events at New York 1
- Robert Reid, US Travel Editor at Lonely Planet
- Ed Salvato, Editor-in-Chief of ManAboutWorld
- Keith Sherman, Founder of KSA
- Sree Sreenivasan, Chief Digital Officer and Professor at Columbia University
- Jacqueline Stone, Senior Vice President Marketing at Spanfeller Media Group
At Destination Accelerator NYC, these speakers will be tackling four cross-cutting subjects as part of moderated panels: Positioning and Branding in Niche Markets; Social Media Strategies; Content Production, Curation and Distribution Strategies; and Engaging with External Digital Initiatives.
For further details and to reserve a seat, see the attached DESTINATION ACCELERATOR NYC program description or visit destinationaccelerator.com.