CARSON CITY, Nev. (PRWEB) May 22, 2008
1. The Company has retained an SEC qualified auditing firm, Corso & Company, to begin auditing its financials in an effort to initiate the steps to apply for listing on the OTCBB, to finalize market maker representation, and to register its securities and become a fully reporting company.
2. The Board of Directors passed a resolution to reduce the total authorized shares of common stock from two billion (2,000,000,000) to two hundred fifty million (250,000,000) shares.
3. The Company announced that the FDA approval (called allowance to market) exists for the micro-dose pulsatile insulin infusion pump, used exclusively by all licensed healthcare specialists, at all VitalCare Diabetes Treatment Centers and affiliate locations who are certified to perform Intracellular Activation Therapy (iCAT) treatment for Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
4. The Company completed an acquisition of the Inpulse Center of Scottsdale, AZ, an operational diabetes clinic currently treating patients with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes using the iCAT Therapy protocol.
5. The Company is pursuing its Midwest expansion strategy by executing Letters of Intent for two locations in the state of Indiana, in affiliation with Certified Wound Care Centers of Indiana and an agreement with South Valley Inpulse Center, LLC, an existing Diabetes Treatment Center in Draper, Utah. The centers will be administering the iCAT Treatment for secondary medical complications of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes patients.
6. The Company is now offering additional licenses in select markets to qualified physicians and healthcare providers to establish affiliate locations under a "sub-licensing" agreement for VitalCare Diabetes Treatment Centers.
7. The Company has recruited Tristan V. Voth-Stonger, MD as Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer. Dr. Voth-Stonger is a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon who specializes in reconstructive surgery and has extensive experience in treating difficult to heal wounds at his wound care center locations. We believe that his experience in the area of wound care management and incorporating the iCAT Therapy protocol will enhance the patient outcomes of planned Diabetes Treatment Centers as well as enable the Company to market directly to the medical community, physician to physician.
8. The Company has begun a special "Ask the Doctor" talk radio programming schedule, featuring Marc Rose, MD, President of the Company, to educate the public on the services provided by VitalCare Diabetes Treatment Centers and affiliates. Each week, Dr. Marc Rose is interviewed on a local or nationally syndicated radio talk show about iCAT Therapy and its benefits. The first completed "Ask the Doctor" radio program was on the Topic: "FDA Approved Diabetes Breakthrough" and was live on WOCA-AM 1370 out of Gainesville-Ocala, FL which occurred on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 8:00am PST/11:00am EST, hosted by Larry Whitler and Robin MacBlane; website http://www.woca.com.
About VitalCare Diabetes Treatment Centers, Inc.
VitalCare Diabetes Treatment Centers, Inc. is a company specializing in providing Administrative, Marketing, Business Development, Strategic Planning, Clinical Oversight and Clinical Management Services to the Diabetes Healthcare Sector, with an emphasis in bringing "Cutting Edge" medical devices and healthcare services direct to consumers, focusing on an emerging FDA approved, US and European Patented technology and treatment intervention for treating Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes known as "Intracellular Activation Therapy (iCAT)." The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that more than 180 million people worldwide have diabetes. This number is likely to more than double by 2030 with diabetes related deaths projected to increase by more than 50% in the next 10 years without urgent action. The US Center for Disease Control 2005 National Diabetes Fact Sheet reports the total prevalence of Diabetes in the US for all ages is 20.8 million of which 14.6 million are diagnosed and 6.2 million are undiagnosed.
Safe Harbor Statement: Forward-looking statements in this release with respect to VitalCare Diabetes Treatment Centers, Inc.'s business, financial condition and results of operations, as well as matters of timing and the prospective terms of the transaction described are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, certain delays beyond VitalCare Diabetes Treatment Centers, Inc.'s control with respect to market acceptance of their technology and/or products, whether financing will be available, the effect of the application of acquisition accounting policies as well as certain other risk factors which are and may be detailed from time to time in VitalCare's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.