San Mateo, CA (PRWEB) July 31, 2012
WebDAM Solutions, the leading provider of cloud-based digital asset management (DAM), today announced new features designed to enhance social collaboration, productivity and user experience for enterprise marketing professionals. Key new features include: real-time alerts, email notifications, a redesigned toolbar, intuitive lightbox functionality, additional PowerPoint support and the ability to message multiple people at once.
“The core focus of WebDAM is to make people more productive and efficient in an enterprise setting,” said Steve Rabkin, co-founder and CEO of WebDAM Solutions. “Real-time communication streamlines marketing workflows which of course increases ROI. Integrating more social features with digital asset management really transforms the dynamics of the enterprise – teams become more transparent, interactive and connected through DAM.”
The new social features in WebDAM give marketing teams the ability to collaborate faster across the enterprise. WebDAM users can instantly see what actions are taking place in their DAM, allowing teams to work seamlessly together in real-time — from anyplace, at anytime, and from any web-accessible device. Once digital assets such as photos, images, artwork or videos, are uploaded into WebDAM, users get updated immediately and can begin working without hesitation.
Latest WebDAM Release Includes:
Notifications: All WebDAM users have the ability to get real-time alerts and email notifications about activity in their WebDAM account, providing an easy means for online collaboration.
- Real-time alerts give users full visibility to see all actions that occur in their system, enabling projects to keep moving forward.
- Email notifications keep users informed about what actions are being done, even when they are not currently working in the system.
- Actions that can be monitored by users include: uploads, downloads, edits, comments, and version history. Users can gain complete transparency, facilitating more efficient workflows.
- Customizable settings allow users to control how much visibility they have in their system. Users can be notified on individual assets, folders, lightboxes, assets user has uploaded, assets user has downloaded, or all assets. Users will see any edits or changes made to assets that pertain to them and they can make updates or review content right away.
- All alerts and email notifications provide quick links where users can easily approve or deny download requests, see changes to assets, and view uploaded assets.
New Toolbar: Redesigned toolbar optimizes the WebDAM user experience with enhanced lightbox functionality and navigation to real-time alerts.
- Personal alert icon gives real-time updates on designated assets and users. WebDAM users can stay up to date on projects they are working on and assets they need to use.
- Lightboxes are great tools for collaborating with other users, and the new intuitive functionality makes it easy to navigate between different lightboxes and manage any assets contained in a lightbox.
- A new download button provides quick actions for downloading a lightbox which users can use to easily download multiple assets for a project in just one click.
- The shortcut to create a new lightbox gives users a faster way to collaborate together, being able to create a new lightbox and begin adding assets right away.
PowerPoint Previews: WebDAM users can now browse effortlessly through PowerPoint Presentations.
- Thumbnail previews are automatically created from PowerPoint files using the first slide of each presentation. WebDAM users save a lot of time, not having to depend on file names and other metadata to differentiate between presentations.
- Additional PowerPoint Support has been added for files with extensions .PPT and .PPTX so WebDAM users can easily upload all types of PowerPoint files.
Enhanced Messaging Functionality: Send messages, links, or invites to multiple people at once increasing communication in a marketing department or even an entire organization.
- Download invitations for assets can be sent to multiple email addresses in one message instead of sending invites out one by one.
- System administrators have the ability to send messages to all users of their system, other admins, contributors and any other existing groups. Admins can communicate important messages and updates to all users or specified group of people with ease.
“These new social capabilities give our customers the ability to strengthen team collaboration and instantly have more visibility into all team projects,” said Leigh Ann Ledford, lead customer success manager at WebDAM Solutions. “We work hard to ensure that all of our releases encompass features that aid our customers with user adoption and overall engagement in their DAM.”
See a quick webinar of the new features here – http://www.webdamsolutions.com/webinar.php
About WebDAM Solutions
WebDAM Solutions is a leader in digital asset management, revolutionizing the way companies manage and share digital media. Our flagship application, WebDAM, provides marketing and creative teams with online tools for managing, sharing, searching, retrieving, and distributing creative collateral in the cloud. WebDAM has been implemented across industries such as higher education, nonprofit, high-tech, healthcare, travel and tourism, manufacturing and government. For more information, visit http://www.webdamsolutions.com.
Melissa Kelly, Marketing Coordinator – 415.329.5517, mkelly(at)webdamsolutions(dot)com