Houston, TX (PRWEB) February 4, 2008
ConnectMyPhone.com, the online marketplace that assists consumers looking to connect their home phone, lists the benefits of digital phone service so consumers can make an educated decision on their choice of phone service.
A digital phone uses a high-speed Internet connection instead of a copper wire landline to transmit a person's voice digitally. Using this new digital format allows a lot of information to be transmitted at the same time, which means cable companies can use the same cable to transmit phone service and Internet service simultaneously.
Benefits of digital phone service include:
- Expense - Digital phone plan prices are typically low as it is not subjected to FCC taxes and long distance rates.
- Reception - Digital phone service offers crystal clear voice quality in most cases.
- Phone Options - Digital phone has same phone options like Voice Mail, Call Waiting and more.
- International Calls - International calls can be free or included in the plan so it won't cost an arm and a leg to talk over seas.
- Improvements - This is a fairly new system so every year it is being improved with new technologies.
However, prior to purchasing digital phone service, you should consider:
- Internet Access - With digital phone service you also need to have a high-speed Internet connection.
- Reception - A digital phone will not work whenever the cable or power goes out.
- Phone Adaptor - A phone adaptor is necessary so the digital phone can be plugged into the high-speed Internet connection.
- Emergency Calls - Emergency calls to 911 cannot always be traced like when using a regular phone but new technologies are in the works to solve this problem. Ask your local provider how 911 calls are handled.
Each digital phone provider's services are different, as are plans from phone companies, so it is best for consumers to research the specific providers in their area to discover what is best for their home.
ConnectMyPhone is a free nationwide service that allows customers to find phone providers in their area, compare rates and sign up for service quickly and easily. ConnectMyPhone is part of the WhiteFence network.