"Modernising technology and working practices is a key part of the project. We are delighted to be working with BigHand, which will mean faster working and quality consistency across all departments.”
Past News ReleasesRSS
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 30 November 2011
Milton Keynes Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a medium size hospital serving people living in Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas. The Trust is re-organising and re-structuring patient administration services to offer the best quality service in the most efficient way, as well as modernising processes. BigHand’s digital dictation software was identified as a key element to help achieve this.
Purchased through the SPRINT II IT framework with SCC the Trust hopes to achieve a number of efficiency gains. The Trust wide rollout of BigHand’s digital dictation solution will replace the existing analogue tape based system and will encompass over 250 users initially, potentially rising to 500 users over time.
In addition to deploying BigHand’s digital dictation workflow system, Milton Keynes Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has also elected to implement BigHand’s Clinic Builder and Advanced Analytics modules.
- Clinic Builder uses data from a third party system to generate a list of clinics and their respective patients for each clinician. From this list, clinicians are able to create dictations against specific patients and those dictations will automatically be titled and profiled with the correct information. These advantages mean that dictations can be created more quickly and with accurate patient information which will mean they can be actioned more effectively by secretaries.
- Advanced Analytics is a reporting tool which allows you to view BigHand reports in the popular Crystal Reports format. It has been designed to help you with management reporting so that you have total visibility of information of your use of BigHand across departments, users and their voice files.
David Powell, Head of IM&T at Milton Keynes Hospital NHS Foundation Trust commented;
“Milton Keynes Hospital is restructuring patient administration services to offer the best quality service in the most efficient way. Modernising technology and working practices is a key part of the project. We are delighted to be working with BigHand, which will mean faster working and quality consistency across all departments.”
BigHand now has 48 NHS organisation deployments in the UK, importantly including 26 trust wide rollouts incorporating over 17,000 users.
Chris Bell, BigHand. Email: chris.bell(at)bighand(dot)com Tel: +44 (0)20 7940 5907
BigHand is based out of London, Chicago and Sydney. BigHand is the leading provider of digital dictation and speech recognition technology to the UK Healthcare market. As a UK developer, BigHand has a 20+ strong development and products team based in the UK. Further information is available at http://www.bighand.com
NHS Trusts to have signed up to rollout BigHand in the past 12 months include:
- Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Luton & Dunstable NHS Foundation Trust
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust
- Belfast Health & Social Care Trust
- Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust
- Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership