(PRWEB) February 8, 2008
With discounted hotels becoming experiential through bath masters, feng shui design features, uniquely themed rooms and custom pillow selection to name just a few the days when travelers used a hotel room only for the bed to rest their head at the end of a long day of sightseeing are becoming few. Hotel Club has discovered that customers desire more experiential travel.
So with this in mind here are some hotel room habits of HotelClub.com customers:
- Relaxation is key regardless of whether traveling for business or leisure
- 69% of customers indicated that watching TV was their way to relax in a hotel room, closely followed by reading (22%).
- 50% of customers prefer to travel with their partner or spouse
- Toiletries are the most common item taken home from a hotel stay (52%), followed by furniture (39%), towels and/or bathrobes (7%) and then mini bar items (2%).
- 6.3% of customers try to sneak a pet into their hotel room
- Breakfast is one of the most sought after inclusions in a hotel stay (69%)
- Location and price are of top concern when selecting a hotel
Hotel Club has a blog which solicits interesting stories from travelers, including details on their hotel room habits.
HotelClub, a wholly owned subsidiary of Orbitz Worldwide Inc, is a world leading global accommodation e-wholesaler and specialist distributor of hotel room inventory over the Internet. HotelClub was established in 1996 and has since held the position of Asia Pacific's leading online accommodation provider. The company operates three websites - HotelClub.com (http://www.HotelClub.com), RatesToGo.com (http://www.RatesToGo.com) and asia-hotels.com (http://www.asia-hotels.com). HotelClub is recognised as one of the few highly successful and profitable e-commerce businesses with a worldwide network of offices. Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE: OWW) is a leading global online travel company that uses innovative technology to enable leisure and business travellers to research, plan and book a broad range of travel products.