ASPEN, Colo. (PRWEB) June 14, 2019
The start of each new season brings in a surge of changes in Aspen, Colorado, with summer 2019 being no exception. As the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen kicks off the summer season this weekend, news for this summer in Aspen includes new lodging, significant anniversaries in the arts and culture scene, and more. For information on the ultimate mountain town getaway – filled with adventure, arts and culture and mountain serenity, visit http://www.aspenchamber.org.
- NEW. W Aspen and The Sky Residences at W Aspen, located at the base of Aspen Mountain, is slated to open by July 2019. Designed by Nemaworkshop in partnership with local firm Rowland + Broughton Architecture and W’s in-house design team, the hotel has 88 guestrooms and 11 W-branded fractional residences as well as a 12,000 sq. ft. rooftop bar and pool.
Arts & Culture
- Bauhaus100: Aspen (April – Aug. 2019) To celebrate the history of the Bauhaus in Aspen during the 100th anniversary of the Bauhaus, there are year-long activities orchestrated by by the Aspen Institute, Anderson Ranch Arts Center Aspen Historical Society, Aspen Art Museum, and many others.
- NEW EXHIBIT. As a part of Bauhaus 100: Aspen celebration, Aspen Historical Society presents “bayer and Bauhaus: how design shaped aspen.” This new exhibit delves into the profound influence of Herbert Bayer’s work on Aspen. The exhibit will live in the Wheeler Stallard Museum until March 2020.
- NEW. Following their 2019 summer season, Theatre Aspen will launch the organization’s inaugural one-person show festival, Solo Flights, in Sept. 2019 with performances at multiple venues in Aspen, including Theatre Aspen’s Hurst Theatre,
- Aspen Music Festival & School, renowned as one of the top classical music festivals in the United States, celebrates its 70th anniversary this summer. With more than 600 classical music students from around the country and the world, the summer season includes more than 400 classical music events spanning eight weeks from late June to mid- August.
- Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES) is celebrating 50 years of educating environmental responsibility in the Roaring Fork Valley. ACES offers a wide variety of opportunities to learn about the environment year-round for children and adults of all ages.
Food & Wine News
- Opening June 2019. Almresi Aspen is a new European-alpine style restaurant slated to open for the summer season. (Dancing Bear Mountainside building)
- Opening June 2019. Opening inside The St. Regis Aspen Resort, Park90 + Chef Tom Coohill, is a new concept with French-influenced fare from Denver’s Coohills Restaurant and Singapore’s Park90 wine bar featuring wines that have received a 90+ rating from Robert Parker. (315 E. Dean St.)
- Opening Summer 2019. New Italian costal cuisine restaurant Duemani plans to open in downtown during summer 2019, with an emphasis on seafood and pasta (216 S. Monarch St.)
- Opening Summer 2019. The Ranch Room plans to open on Aspen’s famed “restaurant row” during summer 2019 serving dinner and offering a charcuterie bar. Tatanka, will open upstairs from The Ranch Room, under the same general manager, and plans to have modest offerings serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. (308 E. Hopkins Ave.)
- NEW. Kirby Ice House, has opened a pop-up in Aspen adjacent to Wagner Park sponsored by the dating app Bumble. The pop-up will focus on family-friendly offerings for lunch and dinner. At night, the space will become the Bumble Lounge with a DJ, late-night food service and complementary merchandise. (307 S. Mill St.)
Aspen, Colorado is an authentic mountain town that combines a year-round outdoor lifestyle with a cosmopolitan cultural calendar and busting downtown ambiance. An endless array of arts, culture, dining, and nightlife give Aspen an urbane feel that belies its small-town charm. An Aspen vacation is a mind, body, spirit experience, whether learning a new skill, feeding a fascination, or simply absorbing the mountain spirit.
For visitor information, a complete calendar of events, or to book an Aspen vacation, visit http://www.aspenchamber.org, or call 1.888.290.1324 or 970.925.1940
For media information and images, contact Promo Communications/970.948.3176
Maureen Poschman firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Wisenbaker email@example.com