TV Viewership by the Numbers.
Lakewood, NJ (Vocus) March 18, 2010
Sterling Satellite (http://www.SterlingSatellite.com)], a DISH Network reseller, found recent success with social media. The company shared an infographic about the viewing habits of the US public called “TV Viewership by the Numbers.” The graphic featured key stats about worldwide and US television habits.
The post on the Sterling Satellite blog has so far generated over 100 retweets on Twitter. It also got thousands of views on StumbleUpon and strong coverage on other social sites. As a result, traffic to the web site spiked and the company now has a top rank on Google.
“This infographic marked our first foray into the world of social media marketing and we are pleased with the initial results,” said Matthew Ruud, Senior Public Relations Officer for Sterling Satellite. “We look forward to continuing to engage with any prospective and current customers.”
The graphic answered questions including:
- What country watches the most television? Out of 13 countries, the US came in second for the most television watched. (Source: Nationmaster.com)
- What part of the US watches the most television? The information is broken down by region and answers the question who is the biggest couch potato of all.
- Does income or age affect viewership? The answer is yes. Those to make more ($75k+) tend to watch TV the least. In a typical month, older adults spend almost half of their time awake with the TV on (almost 200 hours). A chart breaks the data down by groups.
- What are the top 10 Primetime shows in the US since 1964? Most people probably couldn’t guess or won’t recognize all the shows on this list. However, it gives a lot of insight into what Americans love to watch most.
- What are the most popular times of the day to watch television? A detailed chart shows when people are most likely to tune in.
The information used in the infographic came from authoritative industry research groups. While some baseline measurements about the amount of television Americans watch are obtained through the census, more detailed measurements come from independent firms. These numbers show that a majority Americans still cannot help but turn on their sets at some point each night.
“The way that Americans use television in their homes is a particularly relevant topic to many people and businesses,” Ruud said. “As other forms of media, such as video games and the internet, vie for the attention of Americans, it is interesting to note that many people still spend a significant amount of time watching their TV.”
About Sterling Satellite
Sterling Satellite, a Top Three DISH Network Authorized Retailer, prides itself on its superior customer service. Their team is waiting to pair you with the DISH Network packages that are right for you, your budget and your interests. In business since 2003, Sterling Satellite has the knowledge and experience to make signing up for DISH Network quick and simple. For special deals, see our DISH Network promotions page.
Press Contact: Matthew Ruud, Senior Public Relations Officer, mruud(at)sterlingsatellite(dot)com, 262-437-2334