“This conference will be an important meeting to address the challenges and identify solutions for advanced distribution management."
Past News ReleasesRSS
London (PRWEB UK) 21 May 2013
SMi's 3rd annual Distribution Automation Europe conference will set out how to accommodate the impact of renewables growth and improve communication system architecture to increase the reliability and efficiency of future networks.
Deploying a smart distribution network is a critical goal for utilities to help manage electricity needs by making grids more efficient, reliable, and secure and reducing carbon emissions. Next generation hardware and software for DA gives utilities many more options in meeting these goals.
“This conference will be an important meeting to address the challenges and identify solutions for advanced distribution management. I will share my experience and views on how to build a target architecture that supports DA today as well as being prepared for future processes.”
Stefan Rebner, Head of Development, Network Operations, Fortum Distribution
Distribution Automation Europe is packed with practical case-study presentations including the Capacity to Customer (C2C) LCNF initiative and the Falcon project. Combined with a distinguished international speaker line up this event will give you a clear understanding how to derive maximum value from your distribution automation investments.
- Enhancing the visibility of distributed renewable generation to determine total network energy
- How to use strategic fault level management to improve system protection design
- How supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems are evolving to support the demands of distribution automation
- How to improve communication system architecture to make it fit for purpose for distribution automation
- Reducing maintenance costs and extending equipment life with condition-based monitoring
- Combining network automation and interruptible service to increase capacity
- Using data analytics to identify network problems and signal veracity from real-time information
For the full conference programme and further information please visit: http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2013distribution-automation15.asp
Alternatively contact: Darryl Moxon on +44 20 7827 6066 or email dmoxon(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk
For Sponsorship opportunities please contact: Alia Malick on +44 (0)20 7827 6168 or email amalick(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk
About SMi Group
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.
For more information, please visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk