Install security cameras that can deliver real-time video over the web. It’s extremely comforting to see live images anytime, day or night.
Albuquerque, NM (PRWEB) June 24, 2013
Nothing ruins a vacation worse than worrying about the security and safety of home and property. PhantomLink.com recently created a list of 5 tips to improve home security during a vacation, and provide homeowners with better peace of mind:
1. Get to know the neighbors. One of the most effective defenses against a prowling burglar is a vigilant neighbor who can recognize if things in the neighborhood are out of the ordinary.
2. Eliminate evidence. A pile of newspapers, overstuffed mailbox, and overgrown grass are dead giveaways that a home is unoccupied. Stop delivery of newspapers and mail, or have someone collect them on a daily basis.
3. Make the home appear lived-in. Use light timers to simulate patterns of activity in the evening time (on when the sun sets, off at bedtime). For an additional element of realism, use randomized timers that can cycle on and off at slightly different times.
4. Force potential burglars to have second thoughts. Alarm signs and window stickers are inexpensive and extremely effective deterrents.
5. Install security cameras that can deliver real-time video over the web. It’s extremely comforting to see live images anytime, day or night.
PhantomLink.com provides do-it-yourself security solutions, including self-monitored alarm systems, wireless high definition security cameras, and accessories. PhantomLink’s signature product, the PhantomLink Ethernet Adapter, adds DIY alarm monitoring to nearly any existing alarm system, allowing users to get email and text message alerts at no cost. For more information, visit http://www.phantomlink.com.