The flexibility the Mercury Platform gives us for managing our site is unimaginable. It’s amazingly easy for us to change virtually any merchandising or display aspect on our site.
Cincinnati, OH (Vocus) February 11, 2010
D.M.insite, a company that specializes in developing and delivering ecommerce Software as a Service (SaaS) for the mail order catalog industry, today announced that Dom’s Outdoor Outfitters, a retailer specializing in outdoor equipment, apparel and footwear, has launched a dynamic new ecommerce site built on the D.M.insite Mercury Platform (Mercury Platform).
With the launch of their new site, Dom’s gained newfound freedom and flexibility to manage their ecommerce website in a way that no other ecommerce platform has been able to afford merchants. In addition, the site considerably enhances the online customers’ overall shopping experience and creates synergies with Dom’s offline channels.
“The flexibility the Mercury Platform gives us for managing our site is unimaginable. It’s amazingly easy for us to change virtually any merchandising or display aspect on our site,” said Jeff Saccullo, president of Dom’s Outdoor Outfitters. “We couldn’t be more pleased with our decision to move our site to the new platform, and our goal is to continue to find ways to offer our customers the most enjoyable online shopping experience possible," he added.
http://www.domsoutdoor.com boasts a fresher, cleaner and more inviting site design, along with many key features and functions, such as:
- Custom landing pages that recognizes and welcomes shoppers based on the keyword and search engine they are visiting from, increasing the effectiveness of new customer acquisition marketing
- Improved search engine optimization and marketing to increase online visibility and boost new customer acquisition revenue by making sure the site and products show up in relevant searches
- The latest web standards, including streamlined site navigation and usability that allows shoppers to easily locate and view more product displays and information on a page
- A number of other enhancements to the customer experience, such as visual enhancements to product images, capabilities to augment the number of products offered online, and immediate field data validation through checkout
- Allows Dom’s to take control of the merchandising, categories, analytics and promotional opportunities on their site without any additional costs or development
- Gives Dom’s the ability to create online programs and promotions in ways that meet their unique needs and creates the greatest impact within their local markets
“We’re pleased that Dom’s has launched its new site on the Mercury Platform,” said Larry Kavanagh, D.M.insite founder and CEO. “I’m confident that our platform will empower Jeff and his team to directly manage their online needs in exactly the way the need to take their business to the next level.”
D.M.insite develops and delivers its ecommerce Software as a Service to the mail order catalog industry. The D.M.insite Mercury Platform™ is the company’s flagship ecommerce software that gives clients unprecedented freedom to manage their own sites and grow their online business at a rate that’s more than double the industry’s average. This approach reduces the entry barriers for clients looking to launch an online store that includes all the latest selling features and built-in best practices without incurring the cost of custom software.
The company also offers D.M.insite Mercury Mail™, its email marketing software that has built in best practices for segmentation, email automation and email deliverability. Mercury Mail operates seamlessly within the Mercury Platform and as a standalone email-marketing tool.
D.M.insite is located in the greater Cincinnati area and has a technology office in Cupertino, California. To learn more, visit http://www.dminsite.com or call 859.261.8700.
About Dom’s Outdoor Outfitters
Established in 1970 under the name Dom’s Surplus, Dom’s Outdoor Outfitters operates today under the same fundamental business principles. Dom’s winning business formula of price, product and service allowed the company to become a regional powerhouse specializing in outdoor equipment, apparel and footwear. Over the years, Dom’s Outdoor Outfitters evolved to meet the demands of the ever-changing retail market and their customers. Dom's added a mail order catalog in 1995 and soon thereafter an ecommerce website.
Frequently commended for its excellence in customer service, Dom’s maintains its unwavering commitment to everyday low prices, broad product selections and excellent customer service.
Dom’s Outdoor Outfitters is located in Livermore, California. To learn more, visit http://www.domsoutdoor.com or call 925.447.9629.
For more information