This data reveals interesting insights into how physicians view the location of their practice
Asheville, NC (Vocus) November 5, 2010
DoctorDirectory.com has released a “Best Practice Locations” survey designed to discover which region (West, Midwest, East/Northeast, South/Southeast) is most appealing to physicians. After 2400 physicians weighed in, the Midwest was found to be favored over the rest of the nation.
Of the fifteen parameters evaluated, the Midwest rated highest in nine. The full questionnaire can be found in the whitepaper. Physicians cited the following to give the Midwest the advantage:
- access to high quality hospitals, specialty clinics, and medical specialists,
- support from state and local medical societies,
- availability of third party payers,
- quality medical specialists when needed,
- availability of patient coverage during time away from the office,
- medical education through major medical schools and universities, and
- the low cost of living and maintaining a practice.
“This data reveals interesting insights into how physicians view the location of their practice,” says Tom St. Peter, VP of Marketing. “It will be particularly useful to healthcare providers who may be thinking of relocating, and provides additional demographic data for industry personnel.”
The full results of the “Best Practice Locations” survey, including data broken down at the state level, can be found by accessing the complete whitepaper.
About DoctorDirectory.com, Inc.
Since 1996, DoctorDirectory’s powerful search engine has matched thousands of patients seeking medical services with the right Healthcare Professional. The company specializes in providing Healthcare Professionals the opportunity to participate in Market Research and other programs that help shape the healthcare industry.
To learn more about DoctorDirectory.com, visit ContactDD.com