(PRWEB) October 24, 2006
A new e-book (http://www.rapportnews.com/e-book.htm) is helping business owners increase profitability and improve customer service. The e-book, the result of Dale Rogers’ five years experience in developing and implementing Document Management systems, teaches business owners how to diminish the use of paper and effectively manage electronic documents.
Many business owners readily identify with the following issues:
- The difficulty in locating a document in a hurry
- Desks covered in Post-it® Notes
- Security concerns over paper files
- Multiple versions of the same document
- Increasing use of e-mail and concerns over loss of control
- A shared paper diary that results in missed appointments and double bookings
- The cost and inconvenience of archived storage
- The need to track job progress throughout the office
- The failure to use Mail Merge effectively for regular contact with customers
- The benefits gained from having a single database for customers, prospects and contacts
Rogers’ e-book helps business owners manage these issues, while implementing strategies which help alleviate costs involved in processing paper or storing and archiving information online.
The e-book (http://www.rapportnews.com/e-book.htm) also covers issues arising from the implementation of a computer system:
- Backing-up of computer files with a secure strategy for disaster recovery
- How to ensure that your electronic documents are legally admissible
- Finding the best document scanner for a business
- Securing access to a database by identifying what each person in the business may and may not do
- Ensuring that a copy of every email is stored in the customer database
Rogers provokes the reader into considering every aspect of information and customer communication. The e-book recommends tackling the one issue that’s of particular importance to the business first, while also considering the wider issue.
“It’s different for each business owner of course, but a common theme emerges from those who’ve achieved freedom from paper,” Rogers said. “It’s all the benefits that accrue from simply being able to locate any document in around ten seconds.”
About Practice Net Ltd
Practice Net is a software house located in Cardiff, Wales. It has developed and implemented computer systems for over 40 years. Dale Rogers is the managing director and has extensive experience of database and document management systems.
Dale Rogers, Managing Director
Practice Net Ltd