A California Family Attorney can help with a respectful Domestic Partnership Dissolution.
Irvine, California (PRWEB) April 17, 2013
The California Family Attorneys of Yanez & Associates launch a new video titled “Orange County Domestic Partnership Lawyer”. The video outlines the 13 requirements for dissolving a domestic partnership through the California Secretary of State.
Attorney Bettina Yanez explains that a domestic partnership can either be terminated via the 13 requirements or by filing a petition with the Superior Court and obtaining a judgment if the 13 requirements cannot be met.
These are the 13 requirements that must be met in order to file the notice of Termination with the California Secretary of State:
1. The couple read the brochure and comprehend it. (sos.ca.gov/dpregistry/forms/sf-dp2.pdf)
2. Both parties want to end the domestic partnership.
3. The couple has not been registered as a domestic partnership for more than 5 years.
4. During or before the domestic partnership, NO children were born.
5. NO, children were adopted during the domestic partnership.
6. Neither party is currently pregnant.
7. No part of land or buildings is owned by the couple.
8. Either party is renting any land or buildings (with the exception of the current residence where one or both currently reside, and that lease does not contain a buy option and will terminate within one year of filing for the Notice of Termination of Domestic Partnership form).
9. The community obligations are not more than $6,000. (Not counting automobile loans)
10. The community property is worth less than $38,000. (Not counting loans and automobiles)
11. Neither party has separate property totaling more than $38,000. (Not counting loans and automobiles)
12. The parties have prepared and signed a property agreement before submitting the Notice of Termination of Domestic Partnership form that affirms how the community property possessions and community obligations will be split (OR that maintains that no community property or community debt has been gathered).
13. The parties must be in agreement that they do not desire money or support from the other partner excluding what is contained within the property settlement agreement that splits the community property and community debts.
Once the Notice of Termination has been filed, the Domestic Partnership will automatically terminate in six months if neither party cancels/revokes the termination.
For the Spanish speaking community the California Family Lawyer has launched "abogado de divorcio en California“ a website that caters to the Hispanic viewers.
About: Bettina Yanez & The Family Law Offices of Yanez & Associates
Yanez & Associates is a Family Law Firm located Orange, California that handles a wide variety of family law cases such as, divorce, contested child custody, child support, child visitation, spousal support/alimony, domestic violence/abuse, paternity, mediation, restraining orders, modification, prenuptial agreements, annulments, legal separations; property division/settlements. The founding attorney Bettina Yanez is a California Certified Family Law Specialist serving the communities of Orange County, Los Angeles County and parts of Riverside County, California.
Additionally, the firm provides legal assistance to individuals in cases involving juvenile defense, juvenile delinquency and expungements. To learn more about the Family Law Offices of Yanez & Associates call (714) 971-8000 or use the Family Law online contact form.