“Although employers would love to be able to trust a potential employee regarding what they say about their driving record, it is probably not the best approach to take,” explains Jeffrey Kellner of 4SafeDrivers.com.
Cartersville, GA (PRWEB) April 10, 2012
Driving records are an important issue, both for individuals and for the companies who will be hiring drivers. A good – or poor – driving record can make a difference in everything from the cost of insurance premiums to getting hired or not for a particular job. Because of this, it is essential that people know their driving records, and that businesses know the driving record of potential employees.
“Although employers would love to be able to trust a potential employee regarding what they say about their driving record, it is probably not the best approach to take,” explains Jeffrey Kellner of 4SafeDrivers.com. “Not verifying that driving record can end up costing the company a lot of money in the long run.”
Here are five reasons that employers should verify the driving record of their potential employees:
1. Insurance. Companies that will be having an employee drive will absolutely need to verify their driving record. The individual can have a big impact on the insurance rates that the company pays, especially if the candidate has a poor driving record.
2. Accuracy. Asking a potential employee how their driving record is will usually not be sufficient, as people are often less than honest in an effort to sound better in the interview. Reviewing their driving record will provide an accurate look at the person’s driving history and what type of driver they may be in the future.
3. Liability. Insurance aside, companies that don’t verify the driving record of potential employees may be taking on a major risk. If the person has a poor record and goes on to have accidents, that could become a major liability for the company. Ordering the driving record for potential employees helps to protect the company and its investments.
4. Screening. Employers need to have a screening process in place, in order to help narrow down the best candidates for a particular position. Getting a driving record of a potential employee is a wise part of any screening process, because it provides valuable information about a person’s behavior history.
5. Simplicity. With places like 4SafeDrivers.com making it so simple to obtain someone’s driving record, there are few reasons for a company not to take advantage of the service.
“There are many good reasons why employers and individuals should verify their driving record,” adds Kellner. “We are glad to provide this quick and simple process, and to be able to do it at an affordable rate.”
Employers should obtain the driving record of potential employees who will be in any type of driving-related position, and it is ideal for individuals to obtain their driving record, as well. When individuals order their own driving record, they are able to verify its accuracy, as well as seeing what potential employers will see, so that they can address any issues up front.
At 4SafeDrivers.com, both potential employers and individuals are able to easily and affordably obtain driving records. Receiving the driving record in one day is only $24.95. Driving records are available from 50 states. In addition to driving records, the site also offers access to criminal records, workers’ compensation records, drug testing, and more.
Headquartered in Cartersville, Georgia, 4SafeDrivers.com is own by SKS Industries, and is a resource site that provides individuals and companies with access to important record information. Users can log onto the site and gain access to driving records, federal criminal records, county civil records, workers’ compensation records, drug testing, and social security and address histories. The reports are provided quickly and affordably. For more information about 4SafeDriers.com, visit the site at http://www.4SafeDrivers.com.