There's no question that whole, raw fruits and vegetables are our best source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Potomac, Md., (PRWEB) October 23, 2008
Dr. Susan Lark, MD, noted medical researcher, clinical nutritionist and women's health practitioner, has formulated a powdered drink, Thrive!, designed to deliver antioxidant protection for beautiful skin, a strong immune system, a healthy heart, a sharp mind, and clear vision. Dr. Lark's Thrive is available exclusively through Doctors' Preferred, Inc. (DPI), a subsidiary of Healthy Directions, LLC, one of the largest North American direct-mail supplement distributors.
"In an ideal world, we would get the antioxidants we need from fruits and vegetables. But, Americans are barely getting three services of fruits and vegetables, rather than the recommended five to 13," says Dr. Lark. "That's why I'm thrilled to introduce Thrive. This delicious powdered drink mix contains 24 fruit extracts, herbal extracts, and fruit juice concentrates. I've also included six different digestive enzymes that help facilitate the digestion of the fruits and herbal extracts."
"Dr, Lark believes that encapsulated fruit and vegetable juice powder increases antioxidant capacity and supports optimal immune function in less than 12 weeks," says Linda Werner, Vice President and General Manager of Women's Health at Healthy Directions, LLC. "With Thrive, Dr. Lark included a powerful combination of fruits and herbs that provide an antioxidant blast. And, each serving delivers 4,800 ORAC units per serving, the antioxidant equivalent of nine fruits."
- Cranberries to support heart, dental, gastrointestinal, and urinary tract health. It also helps support optimal cellular health.
- Mangos to soothe the digestive trace and support the heart and brain.
- Cherries which have been shown to promote a healthy inflammatory response and may help promote immunity.
- Pomegranates to support cardiovascular and cellular health.
- Bilberry, a cousin to blueberries and cranberries, that contains anthocyanosides and other flavonoids. These protect cells and membranes from free radicals. Bilberry is also thought to nourish the eye tissues.
- Grapes, whose skin contains antioxidant compounds called polyphenols, which preliminary studies have shown to inhibit platelet aggregation, thus supporting the cardiovascular system. In addition, grape seed extract is a powerful antioxidant that is both water- and fat-soluble. This allows it to protect every cell in the body. Research also indicates that these compounds also may enhance your appearance by supporting capillary strength and helping to maintain collagen and elastin in your skin.
"There's no question that whole, raw fruits and vegetables are our best source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants." says Dr. Lark. "While I encourage you to fill your plates with the real thing, Thrive! is an easy, delicious, convenient way to get the tremendous amount of antioxidant power on a daily basis."
Dr. Lark has devoted her career to raising awareness of women's health issues, such as PMS, obesity, hormone replacement therapy and osteoporosis. She pioneered the use of women's self-care treatments based on diet, nutrition, exercise and stress management, and has penned twelve books on women's health and healing. Her most recent title is http://www.drlark.com/Products2.aspx?ProductID=PLHR.
Her monthly newsletter, Women's Wellness Today, and her web site, DrLark.com, are dedicated to educating and empowering women to make the best choices for optimum health and beauty. Online visitors may sign up for Dr. Lark's free biweekly e-newsletter, which presents breaking health and beauty news along with lifestyle tips, easy recipes and simple exercises for health and beauty.
Healthy Directions, LLC is the recognized leader in providing authoritative health and beauty solutions to consumers. In addition to producing online resources and publishing newsletters, Healthy Directions, LLC encompasses its subsidiary, Doctors' Preferred, Inc. (DPI), a vitamin and nutritional supplement business that markets primarily through direct mail. Located in the Greater Washington, D.C., area, HealthyDirections.com is a leading publisher in America. The company provides quality products and services for the health and beauty marketplaces.