Packaging plays the role of ‘silent hero’ in so many facets of life – delivering safer bottles, fresher food, affordable and convenient consumer goods.
Wilmington, DE (PRWEB) January 31, 2013
The clock is ticking for those interested in entering DuPont’s 25th Awards for Packaging Innovation. The entry deadline is Feb. 28, 2013, and winners will be selected by the just-seated jury based on excellence in one or more of these areas: innovation, sustainability and cost/waste reduction. There is no fee for entry, and DuPont materials do not need to be in the packaging structure.
“Packaging plays the role of ‘silent hero’ in so many facets of life – delivering safer bottles, fresher food, affordable and convenient consumer goods,” said Shanna Moore, global director, sustainability, DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers, and leader/chair of the awards program. “This anniversary year posed the opportunity to take a retrospective view to see how past winners changed our lives and to envision a future where packaging is helping to solve world problems. In the coming months, we will be highlighting past breakthroughs in packaging that have significantly transformed the way we live.”
Winners of a DuPont Packaging Award will be honored on May 16, 2013 during a ceremony in Wilmington, Del. Forms, guidelines and past winners can be found at http://www.packaging.dupont.com.
This year’s jury is made up of industry experts from diverse backgrounds who bring insights earned from decades of experience delivering innovative, cost-savings solutions and sustainability ideas to the global packaging industry.
Reprising his role as facilitator this year is Packaging Hall of Famer Brian Wagner, vice president, PTIS, a HAVI Global Solutions Direct Company.
- Professor Antônio Dantas Cabral, Ph.D., course coordinator and professor, Packaging, Production and Food Engineering, Mauá School of Engineering, Brazil
- Suzanne Fisher, director of Sustainable Packaging & Business Development, Pratt Industries - Paper Converter/Recycler, USA
- Mary Gregg, director, Packaging, Campbell North America, Global R&D, Campbell Soup Company, USA
- Sudhakar Gupta, director, Int’l. Business Development, IFFCO Group of Companies at International Food Stuffs Company, UAE
- Ann O’Hara, vice president and general manager, Amcor Flexibles, Australia
- Jeff Schuetz, staff vice president, Global Technology, Consumer Packaging, Sonoco, USA
- Jason Wadsworth, sustainability manager, Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., USA
DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers manufactures an extensive mix of adhesive, barrier, peelable lidding and sealant resins and provides a globally networked development team to work with customers on packaging programs that help protect the product, environment; improve shelf appeal, convenience; and reduce cost in the food, cosmetics, medical products and other consumer goods and industrial packaging industries.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit (http://www.dupont.com).