The new colors will turn heads at retailer’s shelves and in America’s kitchens. In addition to looking great, consumers will continue to enjoy all of the benefits of cooking on a coating that offers superior durability and nonstick performance.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) February 28, 2013
The superior nonstick performance and durability of DuPont™ Teflon® nonstick coatings is now commercially available in the United States in six delectable new colors.
The 2012 introductory colors, which included Hot Chili (a spicy red), Lavender Blue (a rich blue), Champagne Gold (a classic shimmer) and Ivory (an elegant neutral), are joined now by Spicy Olive (a stylish green) and Aubergine Purple (a vibrant eggplant). The palette will satisfy consumers’ taste for style and individuality, as well as their appetite for something fresh in their kitchens. During the Housewares Show, the colors can be seen at DuPont booth S3910.
“The new colors will turn heads at retailer’s shelves and in America’s kitchens,” said David W. DeVoe, North American consumer marketing manager, DuPont™ Teflon® consumer finishes. “In addition to looking great, consumers will continue to enjoy all of the benefits of cooking on a coating that offers superior durability and nonstick performance. And, just like Teflon® nonstick coatings for cookware and bakeware, the new Color Collection is made without using PFOA.”
Each color was created to inspire cooks to purchase and use cookware and bakeware that reflect their personal taste and kitchen design and enhance the presentation of their traditional and seasonal dishes:
- Hot Chili – The color is bright, fun and cannot be overlooked at the point-of-sale. It engages experimentally minded individuals and will leave no one cold.
- Lavender Blue – Friendly and familiar, this distinctive hue enhances the presentation of cakes, bakes and desserts.
- Champagne Gold – This color is classy, combining luxury with understatement. The high-quality appearance leaves an impression of natural elegance.
- Ivory – Simple yet elegant, Ivory is one of the world’s most versatile colors. Its minimalist feel impresses those with an eye for style, while its calm, soft tone creates an aura of pure relaxation.
- Spicy Olive – Spicy Olive has the flair of urban plazas and cobblestone streets filled with street cafes and live music, appetizers and snacks.
- Aubergine Purple – This color signals glory and splendor, pure joy of life. This warm and inspiring hue is an invitation to spoil you with color.
Cookware manufacturers can obtain more information by contacting David W. DeVoe at david.w.devoe(at)usa.dupont(dot)com.
The origin of the DuPont™ Teflon® brand began with the discovery of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) in 1938 by DuPont chemist Roy Plunkett after which in 1945, DuPont selected, coined the term and registered as a trademark the Teflon® brand. Teflon® nonstick coating systems were first commercialized for cookware more than 50 years ago in the United States and have, along with other additives, been used in paints, fabrics, carpets, home furnishings, clothing and so much more. For more information, please visit http://www.teflon.com.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit http://www.dupont.com.
# # #
The DuPont Oval Logo, DuPont™, and Teflon® are registered trademarks or trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates.