The world's best HD DVR now delivers even more valuable entertainment services for the best home entertainment experience.
Kirkland, WA (PRWEB) April 10, 2009
Digeo, Inc. today announced new features and enhancements to the Moxi® High Definition Digital Video Recorder (HD DVR), further advancing the world's best DVR. The Moxi HD DVR has new services available directly from the on-screen menu including Internet video from YouTube, Netflix, Hulu™ and more streaming directly to the TV through MediaMall Technologies' PlayOn™ media server software as well as the streaming digital music service from Rhapsody®. The Moxi HD DVR also now includes eControls, a home automation feature that allows users to customize the home theater experience by adjusting lighting and other Z-Wave supported products. The Flickr® online photo service and MoxiNet Internet browser were also enhanced, and Moxi is now certified to support the DLNA® standard for improved home networking.
These new services will be available automatically to customers with a Moxi HD DVR via a software upgrade at no additional charge from Digeo.
Additionally, as part of this new functionality, the company is offering existing and new Moxi customers a PlayOn® license key (value $39.99) free for a limited time, as well as a free 30-day Rhapsody trial (value: $12.99).
"In the current economic climate, people are more focused on at-home entertainment options and on getting the most out of their HD investments," said Greg Gudorf, CEO, Digeo. "The world's best HD DVR now delivers even more valuable entertainment services for the best home entertainment experience."
The Moxi HD DVR is designed to appeal to the most demanding digital cable entertainment enthusiasts. With its native HD interface and Emmy® award-winning Moxi Menu, dual tuners, and up to 75-hours of HD recording space (up to 300 hours at standard definition, and expandable well beyond with an external eSATA drive), the Moxi HD DVR makes it effortless for consumers to discover, experience and share high definition media from their digital cable provider, PCs on the home network and the Internet.
Adding to an extensive list of advanced features and services, the enhancements announced today as part of the Moxi HD DVR Spring 2009 software release include:
- PlayOn - This media server software currently provides access to Internet videos from YouTube, Hulu, CBS, Netflix, CNN, ESPN and more through the Moxi HD DVR from a PC on the home network. Video formats are automatically converted so Moxi users can watch Internet video directly on their widescreen HDTV.
- Rhapsody® - The leading on-demand digital music service is now available through the Moxi HD DVR, allowing users to easily listen to any one of more than 7 million songs from all the major record labels and hundreds of smaller independent labels. Rhapsody delivers complete control over the music experience, helping users to easily find and play full length tracks, build playlists of favorites or listen to Rhapsody's professionally programmed genre & artist channels. Starting today, Rhapsody and Digeo are bringing music without limits to every user of the Moxi HD DVR.
- Media Link - Certified to support the DLNA home networking standard, Media Link connects the TV or home entertainment system to PCs on a home network. Moxi users can easily stream digital movies, videos, music and photos from their PCs for viewing or listening from the comfort of their home entertainment environment.
- eControls - Moxi users can now manage their home entertainment environment through the Moxi menu to set the mood. Users can adjust most Z-Wave-certified products such as lighting (e.g., turning sets of lights on, off or dimming), control volume and power on AV devices, as well as monitor IP baby-cams or outside cameras, all from the remote control.
- Mosaic - A new browsing feature for the Flickr® online photo service available through the Moxi menu, Mosaic allows users to rapidly scroll up, down and across their photos as they are displayed as mosaic tiles on the display.
- MoxiNet - Moxi registered users can now bookmark their favorite websites at Moxi.com and browse them on their home entertainment display using the Moxi remote as a virtual mouse. This expands upon MoxiNet's quick access to news, sports scores, movie times, weather and other information from the Internet.
For more details, including details of the PlayOn license key offer, technical specifications and screen images of the Moxi HD DVR expanded feature set, please visit: http://www.moxi.com. You can also follow Moxi on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/moxi_hd or Moxi on Facebook at http://tinyurl.com/c9vuxf.
Digeo, Inc., a Paul Allen-backed company, provides premium home entertainment products including digital video recorders (DVR). The company's mission is to enable the best consumer experience in high-definition entertainment for the connected home. The company's flagship product - the Moxi® HD DVR with Emmy® award-winning menu and features - serves as the hub for whole-home distribution of digital entertainment. The Moxi platform empowers consumers to discover, experience and share high definition media, including TV, movies, music, games, photographs and video. The Moxi HD DVR is available directly to consumers at moxi.com or via Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/electronics. Moxi products are also available through cable providers, with nearly a half million units deployed to U.S. households to date. Digeo continues to innovate and provide Moxi solutions to the cable and IPTV industry, including the licensing of the Moxi platform and services to consumer electronics manufacturers and service providers. To learn more, please visit http://www.digeo.com.
# # #