This latest software release for the V and Vmax is very exciting. Software version 1.05 streamlines communication and device support and makes basic tasks such as reading a book or using computer software easier and more accessible
Pittsburgh (PRWEB) October 30, 2008
DynaVox, the world's leading provider of advanced communication solutions that assist individuals with significant speech, language and learning disabilities, announced the release of software version 1.05 for the V and Vmax speech-output devices. This new release includes a range of new features that enhance communication options, ease device setup and use, and provide greater flexibility when working with applications outside the V/Vmax communication software.
New features include:
- EyeMax Support - A robust new eye gaze system, the EyeMax enables individuals with significant physical limitations to access all Vmax features using just their eyes.
- eBook Reader - This tool allows users to download books from sites such as bookshare.org and eBooks.com directly to the V or Vmax. Books added to the eBook Reader can be read onscreen using multiple access methods, or the V/Vmax can read the book aloud to the user.
- Navigator - This intuitive user interface provides quick access to speech, email, internet, computer, eBooks, and environmental control capabilities. An alphabet-based core word strategy that combines seamlessly with the InterAACT language framework, Navigator supports fast, easy and independent communication for literate adults.
- Onscreen Keyboards - These specialized keyboard pages enable V/Vmax users to operate other Windows software applications using the same selection method (e.g., scanning or eye gaze) used for their communication software.
- Enhanced Environmental Control Functionality - An intuitive setup interface allows individuals with significant physical limitations and their care teams to quickly configure V and Vmax devices to operate common household appliances such televisions, DVD players, etc. equipped with infrared remote controls.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - The V or Vmax can now be configured to control another computer through a Bluetooth connection. This benefits users who wish to use another computer as their primary computer.
"This latest software release for the V and Vmax is very exciting. Software version 1.05 streamlines communication and device support and makes basic tasks such as reading a book or using computer software easier and more accessible," said Jim Shea, DynaVox's vice president of marketing. " This release is the direct result of customer feedback and DynaVox's commitment to supporting our customers by continuing to enhance our product line to better meet their needs."
Software version 1.05 for the V and Vmax is available free of charge and is included with all devices shipped on or after September 24, 2008. Individuals with devices that shipped before that date can obtain the software by visiting Support at Dynavoxtech.com. Instructions for determining the current software version running on a specific V/Vmax can be found on the same page.
DynaVox pioneers speech communication technology, giving an opportunity for a better life to the millions of adults and children around the world challenged by significant speech, language and learning disabilities caused by conditions such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig's Disease), stroke, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, Parkinson's Disease, autism and mental retardation. Driving by a strong entrepreneurial culture, the company applies proprietary and third-party technologies, and applied research efforts to deliver a broad range of speech communication hardware and software tools, and offers an extensive customer support program, which enables individuals and their families to access the latest technology and reimbursement
counsel regarding the company's suite of products. For more information about DynaVox, visit http://www.dynavoxtech.com.