The important takeaway for email marketers is that they can’t just rely on haphazardly sending messages to a list of opt-in subscribers. If they want results, they need to engage and be strategic about their efforts.
Piscataway, NJ (Vocus) September 13, 2010
Dynemail has published an article that offers tips on how email marketers can keep their campaigns relevant in the new landscape where subscriber engagement is vital. The tips focus specifically on Google’s Priority Inbox but according to Dynemail executive and email marketing expert Donna Smith, “These tips are relevant across the board. Google is leading the way but other web-based email clients will follow soon. Hotmail is already making similar changes based on subscriber engagement. The important takeaway for email marketers is that they can’t just rely on haphazardly sending messages to a list of opt-in subscribers. If they want results, they need to engage and be strategic about their efforts.”
In the article: Google’s Priority Inbox: 5 Tips for Email Marketing Campaigns to Stay Relevant, Dynemail reveals some of the following tips for successful email marketing:
1. Personalize: In this new environment, personalized content is king. From an email marketer’s perspective that means list management is more important now than ever. Marketers must be able to segment their lists based on subscribers’ interests and preferences so that they can then personalize their email campaigns based on those interests and preferences.
2. Use Dynamic Content: Dynamic Content has been shown by various studies to yield higher open rates and conversion rates largely due to increases in subscriber engagement. Google’s Priority Inbox is all about engagement. What better way to convert subscribers than to engage through dynamic content?
3. Don’t Send Too Many Messages: While it’s important to stay top of mind with subscribers, there is a fine line between staying relevant and bothering people. In essence, don’t overdo it. Sending too many emails could land your messages in the SPAM or Junk folders. Marketers must know how many emails to send within a given time period to get their desired results.
4. Build and Maintain Positive Relationships: Relationship Marketing has always been important. However, it is of critical importance now. Email marketers must maintain positive relationships with customers in order to stay relevant. To do that, email marketers need to develop winning retention strategies. Retention strategies will vary by business but it’s important customers know that they’re valued. Whatever the retention strategy, it must be compelling and relevant.
5. Use Compelling Subject Lines: Email Marketers who know what their subscribers’ interests and preferences are should also know what messages resonate most with those subscribers. Email subject lines should be made so compelling that they must be opened – of course subject lines cannot be misleading or you’re spamming and you’ll lose all trust if you mislead subscribers.
Read the rest of the article here.
Dynemail designs, develops and fully manages, interactive and dynamic e-marketing and communications campaigns that elevate Small, Medium and Enterprise size businesses. Along with a broad range of e-marketing services, the company offers three creation platforms – Video Email Creator, Video Landing Page Creator and Vidability. All three platforms are focused on creating dynamic content for email marketing.