Valhalla, NY (Vocus) April 8, 2010
It’s coming. Earth Day 2010. April 22 will be here before you know it.
EnviroCitizen.org is your premier destination for everything that is green and eco-friendly. They have an expansive library of informative articles, a user friendly Education Center, an active user Forum, an extremely useful Consultant and Contractor Finder as well as the widest selection of green, eco-friendly products and services on the web.
EnviroCitizen.org has five great ideas to share with you for Earth Day 2010:
1. Green up the garden with a new composter, a neat new solar fountain, pond supplies, eco-friendly lawn furniture and more.
2. Get ready for spring cleaning with EnviroCitizen.org’s complete selection of green, eco-friendly, non-toxic household cleaners.
3. Get ready for that green, eco-travel vacation with a vast selection of eco-friendly camping and backpacking supplies, solar RV kits and flashlights and other eco-friendly travel products.
4. Green up your home with a generous selection of eco-friendly home décor, green furniture, rugs, flooring, bedding and so much more.
5. Don’t forget to green up Mom, Dad, even your pets, with EnviroCitizen.org’s selection of non-toxic cosmetics, toiletries and handbags for Mom. Eco-gadgets for Dad. And our all-natural pet shampoos and spa products for Fido.
Other ideas for celebrating Earth Day might include:
- Planting a tree with your children. This creates a welcome opportunity to discuss the meaning of the day.
- Learning more about the environment. The articles library at EnviroCitizen.org has well over 1000 unique articles that might be the basis for your environmental discovery.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Develop a plan for your home and perhaps your business that supports year round sustainability.
- Gather up all those old clothes, toys, games and other household items that are of no use to you but perhaps great use to someone else. Sell your items on EBay, plan a yard sale or give the items to charity.
- Put together a crew and gather litter in your town or city.
- Hold an Earth Day Fair at your local school or in a local park to teach children and others about appreciating and caring for the environment.
- Have an Earth Day Meal, complete with all organic foods, as much locally grown ingredients as possible and a table decorated with items made from recycled or repurposed materials.
- Consider buying carbon offsets to make up for the greenhouse gas emissions you create on the other 364 days of the year. Carbon offsets fund projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions. EnviroCitizen.org has a truly unique program to make it simple and affordable to do this.
- Ride your bike. Take mass transit. Share a ride.
Remember, everyday is Earth Day. We use April 22nd as a reminder that it is our responsibility to walk gently on the earth and its resources, and to leave the earth a better place for each successive generation that inhabits it. Earth Day is simply a reminder of our individual and collective responsibilities to make careful choices about the earth and our environment.
This Earth Day, and all summer long, EnviroCitizen.org is your premier destination for all that is green and eco-friendly.