Billerica, MA (PRWEB) April 23, 2012
GXT Green, a leader in creating and leveraging strategies, services, and products that help the corporate community meet their economic and social sustainability needs, is pleased to announce the finalists in their 2012 Earth Day Honor Roll.
The GXT Green Honor Roll recognizes individuals, companies and municipalities who are making significant contributions towards sustainability and the preservation of our planet.
GXT Green developed their annual honor roll to coincide with International Earth Day. Since its inception on April 22, 1970, Earth Day has been a time when individuals, companies and municipalities can seize the opportunity to take stock of our collective impact on the environment. It is an annual reminder that efforts both large and small make a meaningful difference to our future.
This year, in celebration of Earth Day 2012, GXT Green is proud to recognize twelve organizations that have made significant contributions to sustainability efforts in their individual companies, their communities and to the planet. Each honoree was chosen from a wide range of nominees based on leadership, innovation and creativity, environmental stewardship, and how effective they promote these endeavors. Our choice of finalists was made from a commendable list of contenders. We appreciate all that these firms are doing to improve our life.
You can read a comprehensive description of why each finalist was chosen on The GXT Green 2012 Honor Roll Website at http://www.gxtgreen.com/honorroll.
The 2012 GXT Green Earth Day Honor Roll Finalists, by category, are:
- Price Chopper (Schenectady, NY )
- Roche Bros (Wellesley, MA)
- Wegmans (Rochester, NY)
- Weis Markets (Sunbury, Pennsylvania)
- Rivers School, Weston, MA. “The Footprint Group”, (Weston, MA)
- Jason Jay, Director, MIT Sloan School Initiative for Sustainable Business and Society
- Muzi Chevrolet (Needham, MA)
Non-Profits and Media
- Diana Dehm, Sustainability radio news and Entertainment (Orange County, California)
- Kathleen Rodgers, Earth Day Network (Washington, DC)
- Cabarrus County, NC
- Barrett Distribution (Franklin, MA)
- Waste Management (Houston, Texas)
Be sure to visit http://www.gxtgreen.com/honorroll to learn more about these finalists. And please support these organizations with your business and participation. They are doing a lot for you as well!
About GXT Green:
GXT Green, “where economics meets ecology”, is a leader in creating and leveraging strategies, services, and products that help the corporate community meet their economic and social sustainability needs. To achieve the mission of helping corporations meet their economic and social sustainability needs, they support their clients in three areas:
- Drive improved profitability and sustainability through innovative products, including our ECOgrade™ photo-degradable shopping bags and ECO-R3SP zero-waste packing solution
- Design and execute green marketing strategies to enhance the corporate brand. Outstanding sustainability accomplishments are recognized as a public service through the GXT Green Seal Certification Program.
- Complete the zero carbon footprint equation by developing and offering carbon offset credits derived from the highest quality carbon projects around the world. GXT Green is involved in development of REDD+ carbon offset forestry projects in several countries.
GXT Green is a division of Global Exchange Technologies, Inc. http://www.GxtGreen.com.
505 Middlesex Turnpike, Suite 11
Billerica, MA 01821