Many clients ask how long a window or door will last, but the answer is actually not that simple- our products have the potential to last much longer in the hands of a customer who takes good care of them.
Newark, CA (Vocus/PRWEB) May 24, 2011
R and M Quality Windows and Doors, an East Bay replacement window and door specialist says that the longevity of windows and doors can be increased by optimizing the maintenance they receive. While each component is subject to wear, weathering, and potential failure—some simple cleaning and maintenance helps keep windows and doors both looking great and working their best. Proper maintenance also ensures that insulating, low-e or heat reflective glass products function correctly.
“Many clients ask how long a window or door will last,” says co-owner Michael Easter, “but the answer is actually not that simple- our products have the potential to last much longer in the hands of a customer who takes good care of them.”
To clean windows and doors adequately requires more than simply wiping down the glass. Cleaning should include the frame, glass and hardware components.
R and M Windows and Doors offers the following Dos and Don’ts for windows and door care:
- Do: Clean the frame surfaces by vacuuming the dirt & track areas before washing with a mixture of mild dish soap and water.
- Don’t: Use a razor blade, putty knife, abrasive pad, or any petroleum-based cleaners/solvents.
- Do: Clean tracks & weep holes using a small soft bottlebrush to clear openings.
- Don’t: Use oil-based lubricants or damage weep hole covers/baffles.
- Do: Check weather-stripping and hardware.
- Don’t: Live with poor performing components.
- Do: Clean your insulating glass with proper cleaning agents, such as soapy water. Rinse with water and wipe dry using a dry cloth.
- Don’t: Use a high-pressure spray nozzle when rinsing your windows after cleaning; this could damage the glass surface, the insulating glass seal, or component parts.
For more information about window and door maintenance or any of R and M’s products or services, call them at (510) 565-7188, view them on the web at http://www.randmwindowsdoors-sf.com, or visit their location at 5588 Central Avenue in Newark, California.
About R&M Quality Windows & Doors
R&M Quality Windows & Doors is an East Bay replacement window and doors company that specializes in the installation of high quality doors and windows, including vinyl windows. Their professional installers provide excellent service to ensure complete satisfaction. R&M provides free estimates and has various windows and doors to meet any budget.
R&M Quality Windows & Doors serves the East Bay cities of Alameda, Alamo, Albany, Berkeley, Danville, Dublin, El Cerrito, Emeryville, Fremont, Hayward, Lafayette, Livermore, Newark, Oakland, Orinda, Piedmont, Pleasanton, San Leandro, San Leandro, Union City, and Walnut Creek.
# # #