(PRWEB UK) 27 March 2013
East Midlands Trains has launched a new mobile friendly website, allowing customers to buy cheap train tickets, check train times and plan their journeys whilst on the move.
The new mobile site is specifically designed to be accessed on mobile devices and offers East Midlands Trains customers a range of the most popular options to help them plan their journey. Customers can search for and buy the cheapest train tickets available, plan a train journey or check arrival and departure times for any station in the UK.
The launch of East Midlands Trains’ new mobile website follows feedback from customers and has been driven by the need to provide improved information for people on the move.
Marc Turley, Head of Commercial for East Midlands Trains, said: "We know that more and more people are using smartphones and mobile devices to plan their journeys with us. These devices also play a vital role in keeping people informed with the latest information on our services whilst on the move."
"All of our services to London now have on-board WiFi and we’ll shortly be starting the roll-out of free WiFi at 30 of our stations so people will be able to connect to our new mobile website even more easily."
In addition to the mobile website, East Midlands Trains has also launched a new main website at http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk. The new-look website has been updated to make it even easier for customers to find all the information they need in one place, from station and ticket information, to the service offered on board East Midlands Trains’ services.
The new homepage also features a Live Information tool to make it quicker for customers to find up to date information on their service. Booking a ticket is now even easier, with access to a new and improved booking tool on every page of the website.
Marc continues: "Our new and improved booking tool is now displayed on every page throughout our website, meaning that customers can quickly and easily find the best and cheapest tickets for any train journey around the UK. Our website also offers the cheapest tickets for any journey on our network, so we’d advise anybody to visit http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk to get the best deal."
Further information about East Midlands Trains can be found at eastmidlandstrains.co.uk, or follow Twitter @EMTrains.
East Midlands Trains
- East Midlands Trains, part of the Stagecoach Group, runs fast, frequent trains from and to London St Pancras International and key UK destinations throughout the East Midlands, including Leicester, Derby, Sheffield, Nottingham, Manchester and Liverpool.
- East Midlands Trains is currently investing over £40 million to improve stations across its network and every single passenger train within its fleet.
For media enquiries, please contact East Midlands Trains on 0-173-844-2111. Out of office hours: An on-call service operates for urgent media enquiries out of hours. To access this service, please call 0-844-822-2888 and quote MEDIA1. Please leave a short message, including your name, media organisation, phone number and the nature of your enquiry. The on-call press officer will then return your call.
For a selection of East Midlands Trains images visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/eastmidlandstrains.
- Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, United States and Canada. The Group employs around 35,000 people, and operates bus, coach, train, and tram services.
- Stagecoach is one of UK’s biggest bus and coach operators with around 7,800 buses and coaches. Around 2.5 million passengers travel on Stagecoach's buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The Group’s business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge. Low-cost coach service, megabus.com, operates between around 60 towns and cities across the UK.
- Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast inter-city rail franchise.
- Stagecoach also operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
- In North America, Stagecoach operates around 2,900 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. Megabus.com links more than 100 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter and transit services, contracted bus services, charters, sightseeing tours and a small number of school bus services.