Our brands have a proud history of giving people great ideas and inspiration in the kitchen.
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) December 5, 2009
Tablespoon.com is helping home cooks find the perfect answer to the question: "What should I make?" The new web site is a pilot to unite the best food ideas from two essential sources: trusted brands like Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Bisquick and Progresso, and thousands of passionate everyday cooks from around the world. Tablespoon features General Mills’ largest online collection of kitchen-tested recipes ever, with more than 25,000 recipes from America’s most loved brands.
"Our brands have a proud history of giving people great ideas and inspiration in the kitchen," said Eric Dwinell, Tablespoon.com manager at General Mills. "We’re excited to share our collection of easy, proven recipes and to help home cooks share their favorite recipes with others. Food lovers who explore Tablespoon will discover a place to share their own best dishes, opinions and cooking experiences, too."
Visitors to Tablespoon can find food ideas they’ll love by:
· Searching and using filters to narrow their search. Don’t like cilantro? Love chocolate? Pressed for time? The “smart search” filters narrow the results to help visitors find the easy recipes they want.
· Browsing recipe categories and collections such as Easy Chicken Dinners, Thanksgiving Dinner Classics and Easy Pie Recipes.
· Finding inspiration from recipe recommendations. For example, if a visitor views the Bisquick easy baked chicken recipe, the recommendations will show 12 other popular easy chicken recipes.
Anyone can use Tablespoon, but there’s much more visitors can do as registered members of the site, including:
· Adding their own favorite recipes to share with others.
· Creating their own customized versions of existing recipes
· Sharing their favorite recipes with friends via Facebook, Twitter and other social web sites.
· Saving money every day with online grocery coupons, often more than $100 in available savings.
· Receiving a weekly email newsletter filled with timely ideas.
Tablespoon is a beta release of the web site open to the public to test features and solicit feedback from site visitors. For thousands of easy recipes for any meal or occasion, or to share recipes with friends and family, visit Tablespoon.com .
About General Mills
One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in over 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Progresso, Cascadian Farm, Muir Glen and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A., General Mills had fiscal 2009 global net sales of US$15.9 billion, including the company’s $1.2 billion proportionate share of joint venture net sales. Visit http://www.generalmills.com.
Paula Mielke, 651-492-4143
Shera Balgobin, 763-293-1212