Valhalla, NY (Vocus) November 17, 2010
EnviroCitizen.org, the internet’s largest eco-friendly superstore, wants you to give and receive green, eco-friendly Holiday cheer this year. Their product offerings span the gamut from solar and other alternative energy items, personal products for the entire family, thousands of household items, lawn and garden supplies, pond supplies, eco-friendly bags, gift wrap, appliances, furniture, baby care, camping and RV supplies, educational kits and projects and much, much more. All of the items at EnviroCitizen.org are absolutely green and environmentally friendly.
The eco-friendly elves at EnviroCitizen.org have been very busy putting together their selection of thousands of environmentally friendly Holiday gift ideas. So, whether you need to stuff a stocking or give a gift, EnviroCitizen.org needs to be on your list this Holiday Season. So, pull up a keyboard and get ready to be wowed by a truly eco-friendly Holiday shopping experience.
Here is just a sampling of the great eco-friendly gift ideas from EnviroCitizen.org arranged in 10 different idea categories:
1. Eco-friendly Educational Kits
The best way to preserve the environment in the future is by educating our children about the importance of protecting the environment. Help them understand the importance of alternative energies with these awesome, easy to build-and-use educational kits. Your children will have fun while challenging themselves like never before. Here are just two great ideas:
- Fuel Cell X7 Hydrogen Powered Car Kit – This kit is a great introduction to fuel cell technology! Discover energy conversion and how electrolysis of water can be used to store electricity. It is also a great visual demonstration of the molar ratios of hydrogen and oxygen in water!
- Thames & Kosmos Solar Fuel Cell Car Experiment Kit - A Car that Runs off of Water! This kit is a great way of demonstrating energy conversion, and how electrolysis of water can be used to store solar power. Electrolysis is also a great visual demonstration of the molar ratios of hydrogen and oxygen in water
2. Eco-friendly Gifts for the Kids
What child doesn’t like a good toy and what child doesn’t like a good surprise. Well get ready to show your children a toy that is probably unlike anything they have ever seen! Try a solar powered toy! Consider these two kid-friendly ideas:
- Mini Solar Robot Kit - Solar Sonic F1 Racer Kit - These super solar F1 race car kits are the coolest way to teach kids about solar energy. Easy to build with only 8 plastic parts, building these solar kits brings self-confidence and educates at the same time!
- Mini Solar Robot Kit - Happy Hopping Frog – A great and challenging solar educational kit! The Happy Hopping Frog keeps hopping along as long as there is sun.
3. Eco-friendly gifts for Baby
We are always concerned with a baby’s safety and health. Some toys out there have compromised quality and fall apart easily making them dangerous. There have also been many recalls with lead toys and lead colorings in toys. Stop your worrying now and make sure your child is playing with safe, high quality organic toys! Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Organic Toys - Teething Bear – These organic knit teethers are safe and natural. The organic knit material is durable and massages your child's gums as they chew. They are made with certified organic and natural cotton
- Organic Toys - Chicken Rattle - These little chicken rattles are the cutest out there! Your child will love to shake them around and you will love that they are safe and natural! They are made out of soft organic and natural cotton.
- Weleda - Baby Starter Kit -The Weleda Baby Starter Kit has everything you need to keep your baby clean, protected, soft, nurtured and happy from head to toe. It’s a carefully formulated selection of calendula products ideal for the care of the delicate skin of your baby, child and your own sensitive adult skin.
4. Eco-friendly gifts for your Pets
Treat your pets like kings and queens this holiday season with the ultimate eco-friendly pet spa products. Here are a few of EnviroCitizen.org’s favorite ideas:
- Happy Tails Spa - Flea The Scene (7.6oz) - All natural Flea the Scene is a 3-in-1 spray that will take the sting out of flea season while soothing and protecting your canine companion.
- Happy Tails Spa - Healthy Skin Shiny Coat (1oz) - Healthy Skin Shiny Coat is an all natural detoxifier that works with your dog's liver, kidneys and lymphatic system to eliminate toxins from the system.
- Happy Tails Spa - Bubbles 'n Beads (9oz) – All natural shampoo contains exclusive micro-beads packed with conditioning vitamins. They penetrate the coat, burst against the skin, delivering their nutrients right where they’re needed; at the follicle. The result is a healthier, shinier more lustrous coat.
5. Eco-friendly personal care products for Him
All-natural never looked so good. The ultimate all natural personal care products for men will have him looking exceptional this holiday season. Here are a just a few terrific ideas:
- Burt's Bees - Men's Natural Grooming - Wake him up with a naturally clean refreshing scent. This collection of men's grooming necessities is the perfect gift for guys on the go--and even comes with its own travel bag, so they can take it with them.
- Burt's Bees - Natural Skin Care for Men Aftershave - This all-natural lotion calms, moisturizes and shields dry, rough skin. It contains a mix of sunflower and coconut oils to moisturize, while aloe and vitamin E soothe, for skin that looks and feels its natural best.
- Burt's Bees - Natural Skin Care for Men Bar Soap - Get an intense clean with this energizing and purifying soap that washes away dirt and odor, leaving your skin refreshed. Lemon, Orange and Petitgrain oils cleanse skin while Rosemary extract and Fir oil revive and invigorate for skin that looks, feels and smells its natural best.
- Burt's Bees - Natural Skin Care for Men Travel Kit - Look and feel your natural best wherever you go with skin care formulas sized for travel. Take them with you to cleanse, moisturize, shave and invigorate your skin with natural botanicals including Sunflower, Coconut, Cyprus and Fir oils, Aloe and Vitamin E.
6. Eco-Friendly Bags
She’ll love the trendy styling of the many eco-friendly bags in EnviroCitizen.org’s vast selection. Here are a few great ideas:
- Alchemy Goods - Ad Bag (Red) - Alchemy Goods took these ad banners that would have been discarded and used them to make the perfect gym bag or gear tote!
- Blue Q - Free Hugs Coin Purse - This Free Hugs Coin Purse is made with 95% recycled post consumer material.
- Alchemy Goods - Ad Bag (Sky Blue) - Constructed from super strong recycled vinyl mesh, the Alchemy Goods Ad Bag is both strong and light. The material was printed on and then lashed to the sides of buildings all over Seattle to promote various products.
7. Eco-friendly gifts for the Gardener in the family
Gardening is the great American pastime. The Gardener in your life loves the great outdoors and loves the environment. Be sure to give the gift of green to your Green Thumb this Holiday Season. Here are some great ideas from amongst the vast Lawn and Garden category at EnviroCitizen.org:
- Juliana Basic 300 Greenhouse – This is one of the best and ideal greenhouse products for the first time buyer or the buyer with limited space.
- Sunmar Garden Composter – The Summer Garden Composter is excellent for composting kitchen scraps and a few cut up garden trimmings.
- EZ Leaf Hauler - Works like a giant dustpan for leaves and grass! The EZ Leaf Hauler is designed specifically to make moving large piles of leaves easier.
8. Eco-friendly gifts Under $30
EnviroCitizen.org has thousands of affordable, eco-friendly gift ideas for you. Here are just a few:
- BodyCoffee TravelSpa Travel Kit - Get the BodyCoffee experience wherever you go with the BodyCoffee TravelSpa Travel Kit. Travel takes a toll on your skin and jet lag can make your spirits sag. Revitalize your world weary self with coffee based body care, packed to tote anywhere in the BodyCoffee signature spa kit.
- Portable Solar Charger – This portable solar charger is ideal for cell phones, iPods, mp3 and mp4 players, cameras and other small portable devices.
- Jet Airline Carbon Offset 10,000 Miles of Travel – This carbon offset is a great for the traveler who is worried about their carbon footprint!
9. Eco-friendly gifts Under $50
Affordable, yet elegant gift ideas. Here are even more eco-friendly gift ideas that won’t damage your Holiday budget:
- Thames & Kosmos Wind Power Renewable Energy Science Kit - The newest kit from Thames and Kosmos, the Wind Power Renewable Energy Science Kit, is a great way to learn all about wind energy, one of the most promising sources of energy today.
- Special Event Carbon Offset for 125 People (Great for a massive New Years Eve gala!) – This special event Carbon Offset is a great gift for someone throwing a holiday gala.
- Atmosphere Vase - Decorate your home with a color-changing vase to create a unique and soothing atmosphere.
10. Eco-friendly Holiday Gift Wrap
A new way to wrap gifts in large reusable fabric bags. The children will think Santa brought the gifts himself!
- Lucky Crow - Cherries Gift Wrap - Instead of plastic or paper wraps, go for this stylish reusable fabric gift bag.
- Lucky Crow - Santa Gift Wrap - The Lucky Crow Santa Gift wrap is the perfect alternative to conventional wrapping paper.
- Lucky Crow - Sock Monkey Gift Wrap - Both versatile and stylish, this eco-friendly gift wrap is great alternative to the traditional holiday gift wrap.
EnviroCitizen.org hopes these eco-gift ideas are useful and wishes you all the peace and joy of the Holiday Season and thanks you for doing your part to tread ever so lightly on our precious environment.
EnviroCitizen.org is one the richest resources on the web for those choosing a greener, more eco-friendly lifestyle. The site boasts a vast selection of eco-friendly products and a strong sense of community in their well-trafficked forum. EnviroCitizen.org houses tremendous educational and informational resources in their Education Center, including the largest articles library on the web, a top notch eco-glossary, over 400 web links, a green jobs section, and more. Their Consultant, Contractor, and Provider finder is populated with hundreds of thousands of providers for you to discover – from eco-consults to wind energy producers. EnviroCitizen.org’s innovative blog is also well worth a visit with its many fascinating posts from a number of well-respected authors in the environmental field. EnviroCitizen.org is one of the most robust, comprehensive sites on the web today for individuals who choose a green, eco-friendly lifestyle.