Billerica, MA (PRWEB) September 17, 2012
GXT Green's breakthrough product, ECOgrade Photodegradable bags, won the "Consumer Product of the Year" award at the 2012 Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC) Gala.
Community votes and endorsements propelled ECOgrade bags to become one of the three finalists from a list of 10 that judges had culled from hundreds of nominees. A panel of judges and a live audience of top industry executives, thought leaders and members of the media representing leading companies including EMC, Microsoft, Oracle, Dassault Systems, Nuance, Foley Hoag, Hubspot, PWC, Constant Contact, PTC, and others selected the GXT GREEN ECOgrade bag as “Consumer Product of the Year”.
Manas Chatterjee, CEO of GXT Green, stated "we are honored to receive this award and recognition from such a prestigious organization as MassTLC, and the community at large. This is not only a win for GXT Green, but also for a product that will help the future of our planet".
As one of the three finalists, Michael Vanin, COO and SVP of Sales, was invited to present to over 600 attendees at the gala dinner. Michael's message was simple: At GXT Green we talk about three numbers in regards to ECOgrade Bags
- 4 - as in the 4 billion plastic bags that are littered in the world each year
- 1 - as in the 1 billion animals that are killed by ingesting these littered bags
- 240 - as in the number of days it takes for ECOgrade bags to completely photodegrade if littered.
In the final tally, which was projected live as attendees of the gala voted, GXT Green ECOgrade bag out-paced the competition with twice the number of votes.
In accepting the award, Ed Weisberg, SVP of Marketing and Business Development, thanked the audience and MassTLC, stating "Your selection of ECOgrade bags confirms to us that ECOgrade is truly a game-changer, leveraging technology to improve the relationship between consumers, our environment, and business."
ECOgrade Photodegradable bags are a product of GXT Green. Compared to plastic grocery bags, they use less energy to manufacture, have a smaller carbon footprint, are recyclable, and if littered or lost, photodegrade to a non-toxic residue within 240 days of exposure to sunlight.
For more information on ECOgrade bags, please visit http://www.ECOgradebag.com.
About GXT Green:
GXT Green, “where economics meets ecology” is a leader in creating and leveraging strategies, services, and products that help the corporate community meet their economic and social sustainability needs.
GXT Green supports clients in three areas:
- Drive improved profitability and sustainability through innovative products that address urgent environmental concerns such as plastic bags and Styrofoam packaging pollution. Products include ECOgrade™ photo-degradable shopping bags; the underlying ECOgrade Resin additive which can be used as cost effective and sustainable plastic resin alternative; and the ECO-R3SP zero-waste packing solution.
- Design and execute green marketing strategies to enhance corporate brands. Outstanding sustainability accomplishments are recognized as a public service through the GXT Green Seal Certification Program.
- Complete the zero carbon footprint equation by developing and offering carbon offset credits derived from the highest quality carbon projects around the world. GXT Green is involved in development of REDD+ carbon offset forestry projects in several countries.
GXT Green is a division of Global Exchange Technologies, Inc. http://www.GxtGreen.com.
About The Mass Technology Leadership Council, Inc.
The Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC) is the region’s leading technology association and the premier network for tech executives, entrepreneurs, investors and policy leaders. MassTLC’s purpose is to accelerate innovation by connecting people from across the technology landscape, providing access to industry-leading content and ideas and offering a platform for visibility for member companies and their interests.
For more information about the MassTLC visit http://www.masstlc.org