Not only do physical therapists with the certification have better clinical reasoning skills, but they are also able to treat patients more appropriately with their extensive knowledge of the latest manual therapy techniques.
(PRWEB) April 19, 2012
The Evidence In Motion (EIM) Institute for Health Professions is excited to announce a new and improved Manual Physical Therapy Certification. The Certification has been updated to ensure that participants walk away from the program with a certification that provides a competitive edge in the marketplace by allowing them to treat patients with clinical reasoning and manual physical therapy techniques that are supported by the best evidence available.
“The Manual Physical Therapy Certification adds great value to the practicing physical therapist,” states Tim Flynn, PT, PhD, Director of EIM’s Manual Physical Therapy Certification Program and EIM co-founder. “Not only do physical therapists with the certification have better clinical reasoning skills, but they are also able to treat patients more appropriately with their extensive knowledge of the latest manual therapy techniques. This provides a competitive edge when interviewing for jobs, advisory positions, and higher educational programs, and advanced practice opportunities.”
Improvements to the Manual Physical Therapy Certification Program include:
- Flexible elective choices
- Foundational constructs on patient management and mechanisms of manual therapy
- Virtual rounds and case presentations for interactive learning and peer review
- Robust examination processes to ensure student mastery of material and manual interventions
- A 12 month cohort setting that builds lasting professional relationships with fellow students
- Constructive credit / waivers granted for select previously completed certification-level courses
- Constructive credit offered for EIM Integrated Soft-Tissue Courses (Trigger Point Dry Needling & Instrumented Soft Tissue Mobilization)
The majority of the Manual Physical Therapy Certification happens wherever participants happen to be. It consists of an intensive combination of didactic, collaborative and laboratory experiences using a blend of distance learning, self-paced and faculty-directed modules, and weekend intensive on-site courses. Students learn from an all-star faculty of leaders in academia, research and practice management.
EIM’s Manual Physical Therapy Certification consists of eight graduate level courses (20 credit hours):
- Evidence-based Physical Therapy Practice
- Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Overview: Patient Management Framework
- Management of Cervical and Thoracic Disorders
- Management of Lumbopelvic Disorders
- Management of Lower Extremity Disorders
- Management of Upper Extremity Disorders
- Virtual Rounds and Case Presentations
- Participant chooses between the following electives: Mechanisms of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy and Diagnosis and Management of Chronic Spinal Pain
“The Manual Physical Therapy Certification is the most cost and time effective post-professional educational step physical therapists can make if their goal is become a highly skilled, evidence-based clinician in the area of manual physical therapy,” states Flynn.
EIM offers the Manual Physical Therapy Certification to both U.S. and International physical therapists. The first cohort of the new program will launch in July 2012 and cohorts will begin every January and July following this start date. Applications are available now at EvidenceInMotion.com.
The EIM Manual Physical Therapy Certification is an attractive option for physical therapists who are not seeking the extensive commitment of a Residency or Fellowship Program. Should a participant change their mind and decide to complete a Residency program in the future, the Manual Physical Therapy Certification allows them to apply already earned credit hours towards an EIM Residency Program or to the EIM Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship.
About Evidence In Motion:
Evidence in Motion (EIM) is an education and consultation company whose sole reason of existence is to elevate the physical therapy profession and the role of physical therapists in healthcare delivery. A strong dedication to fostering the creation and assimilation of an evidence-based practice culture within the physical therapy profession is a cornerstone of Evidence In Motion’s mission. They have put in place evidence-based practice treatment pathways in many facilities and aims to promote the global sharing of information and ideas, thus advancing evidence-based physical therapy practice, research and education around the world. Evidence In Motion offers Continuing Education, Manual Therapy Certification, Residencies, a Fellowship Program, a Musculoskeletal Transition DPT, and an Executive Program in Private Practice Management with optional Transition DPT. For more information, please visit EvidenceInMotion.com. You can also find Evidence In Motion on Facebook and Twitter, @EIMTeam.