With the addition of the SCS Exam Prep Course, not only are we continuing our commitment, we are helping busy PTs alleviate the nervousness, anxiety and stress that is often associated with exam preparation in the comfort of their own setting.
Louisville, KY (PRWEB) October 21, 2011
The Evidence In Motion (EIM) Institute of Health Professions, created to assist in the continued education of physical therapists, is pleased to announce the much anticipated release of their Sports Certified Specialist (SCS) Exam Prep Course.
EIM’s SCS Exam Prep Course is designed to give students the fundamental tools and information necessary to prepare them for SCS Exam. The prep course materials are delivered to students in an organized, structured approach; which will result in higher retention and a better test-day performance.
“EIM is recognized as a leader in serving the educational needs of physical therapists,” says EIM Owner Larry Benz, PT, DPT. “With the addition of the SCS Exam Prep Course, not only are we continuing our commitment, we are helping busy PTs alleviate the nervousness, anxiety and stress that is often associated with exam preparation in the comfort of their own setting.”
The program is available exclusively online and can be accessed through EIM’s online management system. The online prep test will be available in October 2012, giving those students planning to take the SCS exam in March 2012 ample time to prepare.
Dr. Casey Unverzagt, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS, CSCS is the EIM SCS Prep Course creator. Dr. Unverzagt completed a post-doctoral Sports Residency in White Salmon, Washington. He currently teaches for the APTA's Sports Section, Scorebuilders, and is a faculty member for EIM’s Sports Physical Therapy Residency. He teaches the Emergency Response course for EIM, as well as Sports Physical Therapy Competencies.
The following are key features of EIM’s SCS Exam Prep Course:
- Extremely comprehensive, covering every aspect of the Description of Specialty Practice for Sports
- Online lectures from the leaders in sports physical therapy that can be viewed when participants have time to study
- Self-paced study (a specific time line is provided that lasts 17 weeks)
- Participants own the SCS Prep course Materials- this includes over 60 full text articles
- Forum to interact with other "SCS-preppers"
- Weekly summaries of the most "need to know" information for the SCS Exam with quizzes
- Pre-course exam, quizzes and post-course exam with over 300 SCS-style review questions
- Citations and full text are provided for all quiz and pre-course exam questions
- Earn CEU’S from the EIM Institute of Health Professions (pending approval in Texas)
For more information about EIM’s SCS Exam Prep Course and additional educational offerings please visit EvidenceInMotion.com.
About Evidence In Motion (EIM):
Evidence in Motion (EIM) is an education and consultation company whose sole reason of existence is to elevate the physical therapy profession and the role of physical therapists in healthcare delivery. A strong dedication to fostering the creation and assimilation of an evidence-based practice culture within the physical therapy profession is a cornerstone of EIM’s mission. The EIM Team has implemented evidence-based practice treatment pathways in many facilities and aims to promote the global sharing of information and ideas, thus advancing evidence-based physical therapy practice, research and education around the world. EIM offers Continuing Education, Certification Tracks, Residencies, a Fellowship Program, a Musculoskeletal Transition DPT, and an Executive Program in Private Practice Management with optional Transition DPT. For more information, please visit EvidenceInMotion.com. You can also find EIM on Facebook and Twitter, @EIMTeam.